Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - midnight tempest [white scarab]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Avis [PM] Posts: 25 — Threads: 3
Signos: 200
Inactive Character

And don't tell me what to do
Don't tell me what to say

How different her last time through those doors after a long hiatus had been, with her sweeping in in a much more quiet fashion, the day bright and the clouds blotting out the worst of the sun's harsh light. There was bustle and chatter and laughing that could be heard from outside those doors, and even into the marketplace the noise was swept away by all the commotion of wares selling and children playing. It was without as much grand gesture, without the threat of her wrath as nature followed suit.

Of course it would come as no surprise to her that he would hear of her quickly; those who knew her, or even knew of her, were sure to be swift on their feet and find someone who could contain the wild ways in which she moved. She was not usually one to leave destruction in her path (she was far too careful, far too conserved in her work to allow for such a mess) but that night was different from others--this time, she knew who she was on the hunt for, knew the one responsible for the chaos she had left the Scarab in. It was not of her choosing, and it had come quite unexpectedly; normally, she is invisible, and she ties her loose ends before they can get the better of her.

But, that time, it wasn't the end that needing tying. It was a girl who became involved in ways she should never have been.

The softly golden boy approached the richly red lady with much less fanfare than she had brought with her, and as those who chose to stay in the Scarab that night returned to their talks, their games, and perhaps things even she didn't want to think about then--the darker side of business was not for her that night. August's words were warm against her cool skin, and her eyes were lost in his until his question faded and she took over. "Now, we always knew I had a penchant for great timing. Let's call it coincidence." She sent a wink, lips tipping up as easy as his had into a smile she meant more genuinely than him. Her voice was the same slight roughness it had always been, and the gleam in her eye hadn't faded in her time away. But she wouldn't know August at all if she couldn't tell that maybe--just maybe--he was a bit dismayed at seeing her back at the Scarab.

The young boy that gave himself to them for the moment was not one she recognized; oh but how could she have thought time would stand still and everything would be just as she had left it? Almost a year... How? It was a couple months shy of reaching a full year since she was forced to leave, and then she was back and had to work to rebuild on all that she had missed. It was not all unlike the time before that, too. A never ending cycle for the one who chose to run with the more unsavory way of trade.

"Make it two, if you wouldn't mind," and before she could even complete her request he bowed and was off to fetch their drinks. She turned back to the Scarab's lead male and motioned for him to proceed. "So quick to be alone with me, August, you really must have missed me," coyly, purring, of course her words were meant more in jest than truth, but she would be lying if she said she hadn't honestly missed him, and those other patrons of the Scarab that called it home. "Lead the way, and I shall follow." Her baby blue gems swung softly against her cheeks with the light swivel of her head, imitating the bow the server gave them moments before. It was only up from there, and she figured with the sensitive nature of their soon-to-be discussion they would be heading to the upper-most floor the Scarab provided; but to his room or hers, or even another, she would let him decide.

@august friend <3
CREDIT

TO LIVE MY LIFE THE WAY I WANT
TO SAY AND DO WHATEVER I PLEASE
click for character page

(Please tag me in every post)

Messages In This Thread
midnight tempest [white scarab] - by Manon - 10-23-2019, 01:02 PM
RE: midnight tempest [white scarab] - by August - 10-25-2019, 10:23 PM
RE: midnight tempest [white scarab] - by Manon - 10-27-2019, 07:53 PM
RE: midnight tempest [white scarab] - by Senna - 12-05-2019, 08:30 PM
RE: midnight tempest [white scarab] - by Manon - 12-19-2019, 08:42 PM