Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - disaster hearts

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Araxes

ARAXES
TENDER HEART

The sun sinks low and she feels the coolness of the autumn night brush at the nape of her neck, tickling her withers and stirring the stray strands of hair lazily as her bright eyes turn toward the heavens, if just for a moment. The skies are darkening, bringing about the night and the chill that comes with it, the nip of an upcoming winter once more. Another cold season to pass in this body that she will eventually have to accept as her own.

Araxes licks her lips just a little, and her long ears twitch, her tongue retreating so she doesn't look a fool when she hears steps. Clattering hooves, and soft padding thumps. There is more than one coming, and she attempts to look more presentable as her head lifts up, focusing on the shadow that rounds the corner. It is a familiar face, one she hasn't seen in a while, and the voice even more so.

The sky begins to light up with stars, and the moon casts a glow over them along with the lanterns of the court itself, and she feels herself more at ease than she's felt since coming back into the lands. It's some breath of courage, at least. It helps. "Hail... Marisol," she greets, and it is as always, the soft lulling tone like a songbird.

It's the same tone that comes from a healer and medic, a once spotted mare with wings behind her head and a thick flowing braid down her neck. What stands before the new sovereign is not the same looking mare, but she sounds the same, and her body language, her gentle movements... it is the same. "I --" She draws in a breath. "--am Araxes. I have come to join your court... as.. well, I suppose a merchant is what you would call me now."

Her ears fall along either side of the mohawk, and the scarf ruffles in a small rush of a breeze as she takes in a breath. Suddenly, the warmth of that courage has disappeared. Facing old acquaintances in this new body is still something she finds a bit nerve-wracking. Will she believe her? Will she welcome her? There had been plenty of scenarios to play about in her head, but many negative ones were those that seemed to bulldoze themselves to the front first.

Not exactly the most encouraging.

@Marisol || eee here we go ;o;

Messages In This Thread
disaster hearts - by Araxes - 10-25-2019, 01:37 PM
RE: disaster hearts - by Marisol - 10-28-2019, 04:08 PM
RE: disaster hearts - by Araxes - 10-28-2019, 05:58 PM
RE: disaster hearts - by Marisol - 10-29-2019, 10:18 PM
RE: disaster hearts - by Araxes - 10-29-2019, 11:30 PM
RE: disaster hearts - by Marisol - 11-17-2019, 03:04 PM
RE: disaster hearts - by Araxes - 12-05-2019, 12:18 AM
RE: disaster hearts - by Marisol - 12-26-2019, 04:45 PM