Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - disaster hearts

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Araxes

ARAXES
TENDER HEART

Have we not met before? There's a sharp inhale, and Araxes' eyes widen. She didn't expect to be remembered in any shape or form, though that was the issue of her thinking so lowly of herself as of late, as if she had made no impact on anyone other than her family. All the same, it drags an ache through her chest, feeling tight and coiling, before it sputters a breath from her lungs as she feels the shudder down her spine and the burning in her eyes once more. Oh dear.

"No -- no, we... we have met. I just.. am not the same. It seems my spots were traded for.. for stripes, without my knowing." Araxes tries to make light of it, but it shows just how much she knew of the situation. How she had woken up one day to find herself in a body that was not her own, and how it had driven her to run out of fear of no one believing her. In the end, she had simply dug herself a hole to bury down into, it seemed, but that's something she has to face when it comes down to it. Her children will likely hate her, and Tor... well. The thought of him brings an ache along her chest, like an old sore around her heart.

"I was... hoping to find a home in Dusk. Denocte is... it can no longer be my home. Nothing feels like home, not after.. well." She looks down, one mint hoof scuffing the ground gently and pulling before she looks back up at the winged mare, those long ears still fallen against her head. "I've been so afraid no one would believe it was me," she admits, and her voice is nearly a whisper. "I've been away for so long and... I thought everyone would think I was some sort of impostor." As if someone would want to parade around as her in some way.

A silly thought, but one that had been on her mind all the while.

The striped mare swallows a lump in her throat, and blinks her burning eyes, pushing away the sensation and drawing in a shuddering breath, letting it out again and calming herself as best she can. "Sorry. I know this must be... strange." Though Novus has had its fair share of strange, hadn't it?

@Marisol ||

Messages In This Thread
disaster hearts - by Araxes - 10-25-2019, 01:37 PM
RE: disaster hearts - by Marisol - 10-28-2019, 04:08 PM
RE: disaster hearts - by Araxes - 10-28-2019, 05:58 PM
RE: disaster hearts - by Marisol - 10-29-2019, 10:18 PM
RE: disaster hearts - by Araxes - 10-29-2019, 11:30 PM
RE: disaster hearts - by Marisol - 11-17-2019, 03:04 PM
RE: disaster hearts - by Araxes - 12-05-2019, 12:18 AM
RE: disaster hearts - by Marisol - 12-26-2019, 04:45 PM