Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - i bet on losing dogs

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Briar

briar
In the depths of her heart, Briar knows that she is meant to wander. That is why her eyes sparkle with life with every turned rock and every new species of flower. There are crystals where she has found herself, near-clear and white whenever she turns the brown and studded sides over. The wine-stained mare smiles to herself when she catches the emerald of her eyes reflected in pale surface below her. Her hoof cracks against the stone when she gently pushes it to the side, sidestepping so that she may continue her journey to nowhere.

Briar does not know how she found Novus—she just knows that she is here, existing amongst its wondrous structures, and now is the most alive she has ever felt.

It feels like no time has passed since she found herself amongst the company of the Dusk Court. She finds its people fascinating and delightful, though she cannot claim to know much of its history. It has been hard to immerse herself in the culture and the religion, but she is trying, and this alone time is imperative to her adjustment.

She just hopes that she can make sense of it all at some point—she thinks she will not be able to survive feeling so lost all the time.

Briar steps to a cliff’s edge, the white frothing of the crashing ocean reflecting in her clear eyes. She peers down at the water so far below, feeling a mixture of fear and exhilaration. For a moment, she wonders what it would feel like to fling herself into the air, to allow the water to crush her bones and envelop her warm skin. She thinks she would be cold on the bottom of the ocean floor, but maybe the sea would not have to be her end.

Wind whips her golden mane around her face and into her eyes. She does not fight it, though, allowing the locks to tangle in her antlers and catch on her mouth. The sensation leaves a smile on her face, one so quiet and secretive that any onlooker may think she has discovered the truest gossip to pass between listening ears. It is just the land that speaks to her, though, and with each passing second she finds herself melding into its strange existence.

@Marisol hope this is okay <3

Messages In This Thread
i bet on losing dogs - by Briar - 10-25-2019, 01:51 PM
RE: i bet on losing dogs - by Marisol - 10-27-2019, 10:55 PM
RE: i bet on losing dogs - by Briar - 10-31-2019, 09:21 PM
RE: i bet on losing dogs - by Marisol - 11-19-2019, 02:58 PM