Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - [FALL] i can hear the ocean whisper

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Zombie [PM] Posts: 109 — Threads: 15
Signos: 650
Inactive Character

Rhone always seems to forget that he comes from another place, a place ruled by twelve gods and goddesses and not four. He forgets that he was once more powerful than most, able to wield powers many could only comprehend. Many do not see Rhone as the type who would want such power and they would be right. Rhone had never asked for such power, but it had been granted to him anyway. He had made do with what he had been given and the gods had thanked him for it.

He does not realize he has let some of his past slip out until he hears her question the unfamiliar god. He forgets that in this place, they do not know of the gods he has served, that they don’t know much about his past at all. You see, Rhone has kept most of that a secret, not because it was a horrible past or full of death and destruction. He has kept that part of himself a secret because he is trying to be someone different here. He has made so many mistakes, so many bad choices in his lifetime. Novus is a chance for him to make amends, to correct the wrongs he has done.

He sighs softly as he looks up at her, trying to determine just how he wants to explain Brighton to her in a way in which she might understand. "Brighton is the god of earth in the land I came from." It was simple and to the point. Brighton was a god who had given him his gifts. He was from a land far from here. That was all she needed to know.

Thankfully, they move swiftly from the topic of Brighton to Asterion, something he feels as though he was speak far more freely about. He loved his king and Asterion had been there for him and welcomed him into a foreign world. Rhone was an observer and he had connected dots about Asterion’s mysterious disappearance. Many had disagreed with him, many had thought him a traitor for such thoughts. But thankfully, he felt safe here with Corrdelia, he felt safe enough to speak his own mind. She seemed to agree with him, though, that there was more to his story than he wanted told. "Perhaps…but I am sure he had a good reason for leaving the way he did." They may not understand why, but surely Asterion had a grand design in all of this. Surely there was a reason he had left.

She speak again, admitting that she missed him. Rhone had to agree. He missed meeting with him at sunrise over the cliffs. He missed seeing the joy and love in his subject’s eyes as he strolled through the city. He missed the easy conversations. "He was really the first and only to truly welcome me to Novus." Erd and Ard had welcomed him, but he hadn’t seen the twins in a while too. Where had they gone? Perhaps Rhone should not make friends. It seemed as though all those in Novus that he had grown close to had disappeared on him. Was it him? Or was he simply reading too much into the lines.

Rhone is silent a moment as he reflects on all those that have gone missing in his life. He should not think these things, and he knows this, but he cannot help those feelings of self-doubt. "Wherever he is, I hope he is safe…and happy." Rhone would never wish pain or unhappiness on anyone. He just wanted them to all be safe and happy, no matter where life might lead them.

Messages In This Thread
[FALL] i can hear the ocean whisper - by Corrdelia - 10-26-2019, 07:44 PM
RE: [FALL] i can hear the ocean whisper - by Corrdelia - 10-29-2019, 09:43 PM
RE: [FALL] i can hear the ocean whisper - by Corrdelia - 11-28-2019, 11:52 PM
RE: [FALL] i can hear the ocean whisper - by Rhone - 12-07-2019, 10:34 PM
RE: [FALL] i can hear the ocean whisper - by Corrdelia - 12-09-2019, 11:51 PM
RE: [FALL] i can hear the ocean whisper - by Corrdelia - 12-22-2019, 04:39 PM