Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [FALL] of violet eyes, glistening as you weep

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Polyxena

She sips on mulled cider. The taste lingers both sweet and bitter on her tongue. It leaves her unbearably melancholy. Her skin breaks out in a cold sweat despite the warmth of the cider in her gut. She mourns a daughter tonight. There is not much on this night that could bring her cheer; no amount of spiked cider can numb the pain, the loss. 

Polyxena has not been in Denocte long. She's only just escaped the tyranny of Raum and his regime...escaped to a new life across the sands where she might start fresh. For real this time. No one knows her name and no one cares to know it. She is a stranger in the surging crowds and for once, she is more than content to blend in rather than stand out.

Erebos shadows her every step, loyal as ever. He senses her agitation and gives her the space she craves, hovering warily in the background. I love you, he says hesitantly. She doesn't answer, but feels better that he is there watching over her silently.  Even with a hulking three-headed beast lingering in her wake, no one hardly glances her way twice. They simply step out of Erebos's path and continue on their jolly, merry, celebrating way. Laughing and drinking and celebrating the death of loved ones, something Polyxena can't even begin to fathom.

She has lit a single candle. The flame flickers and dances. 

In that single flame she sees snapshots of a life that might have been.

@Tenebrae  yee to the haw here we go, something to get us rolling. I'll adjust my wordcount in future posts to reflect yours

Messages In This Thread
[FALL] of violet eyes, glistening as you weep - by Polyxena - 10-29-2019, 08:15 PM
RE: [FALL] of violet eyes, glistening as you weep - by Polyxena - 10-30-2019, 09:07 PM