Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - the worth of passions pledged —

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Camdis

Camdis Lohir

The low rumble of Reichenbach's reply sent shivers over the bay's skin and his eyelids drooped ever so slightly in an unconscious response to pleasure. The response that his monarch gave him only served to lighten the horned stallion's mood; he would have to track down the gangly boy, but then he was sure that his offer of a warm bed, a good education, and a full belly would be sufficient. Already, he was planning out the floor plan of his modest chambers, wondering if he could arrange for some of the serving staff to help him track down a folding screen or two so that he could give the lad some privacy. Indeed, he would give the boy his feather mattress and cushions until the pair could go to the bazaar - Camdis estimated he had enough coins left over from his own kingdom that he could furnish his page well enough. 

Maybe I should invest in some plants as well, maybe young master Raglan has a knack for botany.

Lost as he was in his thoughts, the long haired brute didn't notice the nearly silent arrival of the serpent-man Lothaire until the steed was practically upon them, the smooth baritone of Reichenbach's greeting pushing Cam back into the present. Stuffing away his thoughts of attempted mentoring and his craving for a paternal relationship, Camdis turned his silvery gaze toward the winged man and gave a crisp nod in greeting. While he didn't know much of the scaled male, his presence was a cool and steady one; rather comforting for the scarlet stained stallion, what with his own near-constant state of emotional turmoil. With another nod, more to himself than either of the gentlemen that stood before him, Camdis silently agreed that he rather liked the odd mannered and reptilian Lothaire, hopefully he could pick the other man's brain at some point and see if he had any knowledge of the healing arts. 

Attention seized once more by the words of his monarch, Camdis listened intently to the sable skinned stallion that had so readily offered his friendship, a small grin curling his lips as he looked upon his handsome king. Yet another nod - he had read of the monarch Rhen and his rather... interesting term in office then subsequent disappearance. Not that he could judge the poor fellow, after all, Camdis had been the Exile King, running away and tossing his birthright to the wayside because of his own weaknesses. Distantly, he sent a short prayer to Caligo, requesting she protect her lost king. 

Then, as the next words fell from Reichenbach's lips, the grin that had graced the stallion's lips fell away in an avalanche of shock. Brows raising and eyes widening, Camdis felt a flash of fear - thrones are deadly, thrones are vengeful, it will kill me it will kill me it will kill me - before he forced it away, reasoning that he would hold no true throne, and that it was the very least that he could do to serve his monarch and servie him well. He had the schooling and experience for it, however short, and Reichenbach may be the clever impish sort, but matters of state could be complicated; however he could advise and assist Caligo's beloved in governing her realm, he would. 

Blinking away his surprise and settling a mask of careful consideration upon his rouged face, Camdis Lohir glanced at Lothaire, an odd sort of pride filling his chest as he realized that both he and the scaled male would serve the realm well. Turning his gaze back toward Reichenbach, the horned beast felt a grin split his lips as he gave a nod, "I would be overjoyed to assist in governing Denocte." There was a pause where Raglan leaped to the forefront of his mind once more, "May I request chambers with conjoining rooms? With the influx of messages and communications, I'd like to keep Raglan close."

He'd see to it that the boy would rise at his side. 

@Reichenbach  @Lothaire sorry for the wait!

Messages In This Thread
the worth of passions pledged — - by Reichenbach - 07-11-2017, 03:11 AM
RE: the worth of passions pledged — - by Camdis - 07-11-2017, 01:00 PM
RE: the worth of passions pledged — - by Lothaire - 07-12-2017, 07:42 PM
RE: the worth of passions pledged — - by Reichenbach - 07-13-2017, 01:29 AM
RE: the worth of passions pledged — - by Camdis - 07-27-2017, 12:14 PM