Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - We Are the Wanderers Who Don't Stop at Night

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Teal [PM] Posts: 22 — Threads: 5
Signos: 460
Inactive Character

Turn your magic on, to me she'd say
Everything you want's a dream away

Wandering, walking.

Wandering, walking.

My hooves carried me into the unknown like they had oh so many times before. Always walking, rarely stopping but to eye the scenery and satisfy my inquisitiveness. Trusty, sturdy, they were the pillars of the knowledge I had gained. Without them I’d be nothing.

And so I kept walking. Always walking, rarely stopping. Wandering, wondering. Pondering on would be’s, should be’s, and what was going to be. Slickly, silently they journeyed me without complaint despite slight wear and tear and the legs that powered them were strong, formidable. There was no halting my sturdy limbs which served me in even the most disdain of empires and raised me to the clouds. Without wings I was ground bound but with the build I had been gifted I could reach heights as good as a Pegasus might.

But I still longed for that feeling of flying.

Sailing, souring, high in the air with no bounds. I would fly to the moon, to the stars, to other planets out there in our solar system and I’d explore all them, too. One day my heart would carry me out of Novus and once it did, I was determined by any means to reach that blanket sheet of black.

I entered through pillars, ascending into great arches to form a balanced structure round and perfect. The shine of the moon guided me to steps and my hooves without hesitation took me up them. In each gap of the great columns that held the structure, I peered out of, marvelling at the height I was gaining.

I did not need wings.

I had heart, I had spirit, I had desire. Effortlessly I reached the top of the stairs to look out upon the start splattered sky from the top of the colosseum. A soft sigh left the fibres of my lips into the cool night air and I simply watched in awe of the world around me. Constantly I was fascinated, caught up in real pictures of imagination. Dreams could never look so beautiful as an actual, real and mind blowing views and, if I lived anymore in my dreams, I’m afraid I would lose track of my reality.

ooc: Trying out different ways of writing this boy:$
tags: 

Under this pressure, under this weight
We are diamonds taking shape

Messages In This Thread
We Are the Wanderers Who Don't Stop at Night - by Atlaas - 11-02-2019, 07:57 PM
RE: We Are the Wanderers Who Don't Stop at Night - by Lucinda - 11-09-2019, 02:37 PM
RE: We Are the Wanderers Who Don't Stop at Night - by Lucinda - 11-15-2019, 10:52 PM
RE: We Are the Wanderers Who Don't Stop at Night - by Lucinda - 11-24-2019, 07:03 PM