Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [FALL] you're beautiful and sick like me

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Al'Zahra

The Illuminated

“both beauty and terror, without beginning, without end.”

The fire at Morrighan's hooves is nothing more than a ember to all the flames churning between the chambers of her heart. Every inch of her is aching to be made into smoke, and flame, and molten gold. Her hooves start to dance to the song of it, of how it feels to melt down into everything that promises a phoenix. Later she will call this dance a revelation, the way her body curls, and burns, and aches in the places where Morrighan and her touch.

Later, when she closes her eyes to dream, her bones will slumber in the memories of this religion between wild, wolfish hearts.

But for now there is only the coil of her singed hair spiraling up between them and the way it makes her inhale sharply. For now there is only the way that she feels as alive as she had in the beginning of time, the way her whole body wants to unmake and make. Her inhales are all sighs, and holy writ, and song when she presses them into all the furious war that is Morrighan. She wonders if the warden wants to unmake the world too.

She wonders if it's the burning or the ash that feels like freedom between their lips.

Al'Zahra is about to start singing to Morrighan when the mare pulls away and runs. All the words of fire, and smoke, and becoming die on her lips. They do not wither. She tucks them away, in the holes in her heart between the flames and the mortality.

She'll sing them to the sun when the morning starts to brush at the windows of her room. She'll dream of them as notes her hooves know how to sing. Later she'll wish Morrighan knew how to burn, how to really burn until there is nothing left but wind.

There is so much she will do later.

Tonight, there is only dancing to be found in the wake of Morrighan. Tonight there is only the hedonistic fury of the festival. So she throws herself into the pit of dancers and sings. She sings until her throat feels full of smoke, and her bones feel like magma beneath her skin with the heat of all the touches her flesh longs to know.

And she does not stop until she begins to dissolve into nothing but smoke and want.

art credit

@Morrighan

Messages In This Thread
[FALL] you're beautiful and sick like me - by Morrighan - 11-08-2019, 11:45 PM
RE: [FALL] you're beautiful and sick like me - by Al'Zahra - 11-23-2019, 06:53 PM
RE: [FALL] you're beautiful and sick like me - by Morrighan - 11-24-2019, 05:43 PM
RE: [FALL] you're beautiful and sick like me - by Al'Zahra - 12-08-2019, 09:49 PM
RE: [FALL] you're beautiful and sick like me - by Morrighan - 12-13-2019, 12:45 AM
RE: [FALL] you're beautiful and sick like me - by Al'Zahra - 12-30-2019, 12:42 PM
RE: [FALL] you're beautiful and sick like me - by Morrighan - 12-31-2019, 10:53 PM
RE: [FALL] you're beautiful and sick like me - by Al'Zahra - 01-12-2020, 09:40 PM