Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - [FALL] aftermath

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Sirius

He looks at her, and considers how many stars he might fit in the space between their breaths. More than he might dare to count - an entire galaxy is waiting for him to breathe it into life, stardust crinkling across his body like an extra skin. The whole of the universe might be separating the two horses, so violent and vast does the distance between them feel.

A part of him wonders at the sharpness of her tone - but the rest of him, the parts of him that are lost in the stars and the moon and the wonder of the maze doesn’t care.

”Denocte,” he tells her, and for all that distance in between them he wants to tell her that they are the same. But the words do not come - they never do, not for him, not the way the stars did. So instead he meets her gaze, silver on brown and blue, and all of them look chrome in the moonlight. ”And wish I be here a soldier.”

He walks along her quietly, and he listens quietly, but there’s nothing quiet in the way the stars begin to cling to him, and the way the white across his skin lights up like comets. He walks around the center of the maze, and his magic is reaching, reaching, reaching, like it wants to consume the last of the magic that Isra left here, like it, too, wants to create.

”Seen magic have I.” The word still tastes foreign on his tongue. But he has never needed to know a name to recognize the face, and today is no different. ”And stars, and anger too.” He has never been angry enough to change a cornstalk into sheet metal, or pebbles into rubies with edges sharp enough to draw blood. But his stars are roiling at the sight of it all, and while they do not make the constellation he wants them to they crackle like miniature suns and meteors racing through the night.

There’s something almost-sharp in his gaze as he looks back at her. ”And seen enough have I to know this is no mess.”

It was just another way of saying let me be free.

And that, too, Sirius could understand.

the sun watches what i do

but the moon
knows all my secrets

@morrighan !

Messages In This Thread
[FALL] aftermath - by Morrighan - 11-11-2019, 10:42 PM
RE: [FALL] aftermath - by Sirius - 12-09-2019, 01:13 PM
RE: [FALL] aftermath - by Morrighan - 12-14-2019, 02:57 PM
RE: [FALL] aftermath - by Sirius - 12-24-2019, 05:39 PM
RE: [FALL] aftermath - by Morrighan - 12-31-2019, 12:26 AM
RE: [FALL] aftermath - by Sirius - 02-01-2020, 11:47 PM