Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - eventide and bejeweled sky

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kat [PM] Posts: 146 — Threads: 25
Signos: 77
Vagabond Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 28 — Atk: 32 — Exp: 53  |    Active Magic: Energy Transference  |    Bonded: Fylax (Gryphon)

“A good weapon is like a good friend,” Antiope says with a measure of empathy, “Always by your side and never failing. I can understand your missing them.” It would be foolish of the Regent not to notice the many scars that littered the other woman’s body, which told her far more than her words may have. She is clearly no stranger to battle, and Antiope can appreciate the duality of a dagger which is useful in both close quarters combat, but also can be thrown if one has trained themselves to.

Although the woman doesn’t seem very forthcoming of her history with weapons, Antiope is admittedly curious and is certain they would have many tales to share with each other. She can respect the mare’s decision to remain vague, and doesn’t push the conversation. Perhaps in time, they might learn more about each other. The Regent isn’t proud of all the deeds she has done under the guidance of the gods she had once trusted, but her skills will never leave her and can always be put to better use in the future.

Antiope is pleased to hear that the woman is enjoying herself, and furthermore that Denocte’s citizens have been warm and gracious to her. The smile she wears at the Regent’s invitation seems genuine, and the striped mare returns the gesture gladly. “Castalla, then. It is a pleasure to meet you,” it doesn’t strike her much that Castalla has already learned her name. She imagines it isn’t difficult to learn the names of the Regime if only one asks. “Yes, I am Antiope.”

She is many things, in fact, but they are all combined into one thing with the name Antiope placed upon it.

“This bakery is my favorite in the market, and I happen to know they’ve been keeping longer hours with the festival so I thought I would stop by,” she explains as she begins to walk to again, new company in tow. The shop is not much further up the street, and the lights are indeed on inside when they reach its front. Antiope takes a moment to purchase two fresh rolls, still warm and steaming on the inside when pulled apart.

Offering one of the rolls to Castalla, Antiope gestures that they continue to walk. “These are their signature rolls; a simple white bread recipe with a touch of sweetness,” she explains. She doesn’t have much of a sweet tooth, so the more sugary desserts are best left for Moira, who would delight in them all day if she could. Antiope enjoys these rolls, with just a hint of something extra in them. As they walk, she pulls a small piece off the roll and pops it into her mouth. “How do you like Denocte so far?” she asks when she’s finished the bite, “Is there anything you wish to know?”

"Speaking."
| @Castalla

[Image: 13716916_Rc8f5hGvZkB3cYP.png]
a war is calling
the tides are turned

Messages In This Thread
eventide and bejeweled sky - by Antiope - 11-26-2019, 04:45 PM
RE: eventide and bejeweled sky - by Castalla - 11-26-2019, 06:10 PM
RE: eventide and bejeweled sky - by Antiope - 11-28-2019, 02:52 PM
RE: eventide and bejeweled sky - by Castalla - 12-08-2019, 12:36 PM
RE: eventide and bejeweled sky - by Antiope - 12-12-2019, 11:52 AM
RE: eventide and bejeweled sky - by Castalla - 01-04-2020, 01:58 PM