Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Banshee of the Mountains

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Sunako

Sunako
darkness, darkness be my pillow
take my hand and let me sleep

I watched the stallion, as if waiting to see when the darkness, when my creepiness would become to much - it usually does to some. I'm considered 'creepy', or 'odd', names that came alongside that long forgotten taunt of ugly. No, not forgotten, I could never not remember what I am, it's been a part of me for so very long that I hardly bother trying to change that opinion in others. It'd be silly to try to get them to believe something so false anyways! But the cries against my attitude and behavior - now those amuse me! Some of them even say the nicest thing, I was once even called a vampire I'll have you know! Wasn't that a fun day! Oh, back to this stallion, the small male who I'd come across. Yes there was a part of me who was waiting for when he'd choose to say fair well and run as if the devil nipped at his hooves.

Usually it's the first mention of some of my odd collections that others start to back away, so I'm suspicious when he smiles instead. What's there to smile about? Unless . . . perhaps he likes that stuff too - he might even no where to find them! Oh more skulls and friends to be made! Oh, he's introducing himself, I should pay attention, no need to get distracted with the idea of more friends to decorate my home with, "Oh, my name is Sunako. Do you know where I might find some spiders or skulls around here? Or even whole skeletons even!" Elliot is likely to get lonely if he only has Dover and Vixen to keep him company - so I wouldn't say no to some new friends too! Sweet and wonderful skeletons, all shined up and gleaming in the darkness, and morbid but fascinating sight, such wonderful friends! I need all those wonderful friends to share in the darkness with! No creatures of radiance will penetrate the darkness we fortify! It will be amazing, and so dark, and so creepy - oooh I could swoon right now just thinking about it!

Oh, he's speaking again - I watch as he shifts his weight, rocking from hoof to hoof, as if struggling to find words to say. I wait patiently, even if my eyes might sorta, slightly, distractedly look over the foliage for something fun to pick up, before focusing on his words, of moss and clover near water. "Why do we need to look for moss and clove - . . . . oh! Right, I'm supposed to be looking for bedding. Bedding Sunako. New skeletally friends can be found later. Necessities first." I pause for a moment, blowing out a puff of air even as my tangled forelock falls into my eyes, "Although, I suppose skeletally friends to take in and shelter could be considered a necessity, too." Or a convenient excuse. I wouldn't dig too deep into it, and instead focus on the idea of skulls and lizards, tuning myself into his suggestions quickly at those magic words.

He then offers to help me look around, and I flash him a skeptical look before shrugging with a ruffle of one wing, before pausing as if just remembering I have the useless appendages. I never fly too much, and sometimes I startle myself with them - particularly when they get tangled up in the worst situations: thorns, branches, trees. I've been stuck a fair few times because of the stupid things. I tuck the wings back tightly against my side, before heading the direction I thought I remembered running water in, "Well, let''s start this way then, and see if we can hear any water. Uh, if you see any good spider trees, we can stop and look - or lizards - or potential skelly-buddies too. If it looks like a bone, we stop, no questions asked!" I decide, starting off in the direction, stomping through the brush and forcing my way through when thick branches attempt to claw at my dirty pelt, and tangle up my mess mane. I'd long ago grew used to such pricks of pain that the travel is smooth regardless, and to pass time I pull myself from my thoughts of skelly-buddies (maybe I can find a rabbit with their cool teeth - or a friend for Dover!) and focus back to my new companion. He still hadn't run off screaming, but this meeting is still in its' early stages. "What are you doing out here, anyways, Icarus? It's fairly late for most horses." Except for me, that is. I thrive in this darkness.

"Speech"
Thoughts

Tagged :: @Icarus
Notes :: Skelly-buddies, she's termed skeletons as Skelly-buddes . . . . 

Messages In This Thread
Banshee of the Mountains - by Sunako - 12-08-2019, 08:09 PM
RE: Banshee of the Mountains - by Icarus - 12-08-2019, 09:46 PM
RE: Banshee of the Mountains - by Sunako - 12-11-2019, 10:37 AM
RE: Banshee of the Mountains - by Icarus - 12-12-2019, 11:31 PM
RE: Banshee of the Mountains - by Sunako - 02-02-2020, 01:56 PM