Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - we both made promises

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Noctiilucent

Girl in the fire, do you pray when you're on your knees...

The man had almost brushed right past her when he suddenly looked up. His features were stricken with surprise. Noctii felt a wave of uncertainty wash over her. She worried that she had disturbed him. Noctii felt her cheeks grow hot in response to his surprise. The man responded, but his words promised her no certainty. "I think that is up for you to define,"  Noctii answered him politely, but she wanted to shrink into the ground now that he was aware of her. His expression had changed deftly from shock to something indiscernible to her. "You seemed entranced by something or someone. I was uncertain if it was the doing of a magician." She spoke again. The scholar of Denocte could feel his eyes sweep across her bodice. His gaze did not feel malicious or predatory. His gaze did not make her uncomfortable. Noctii suddenly became aware of how soft his blue eyes were. His eyes peered at her from his deep umber hide. He wore ribbons of ivory and shattered porcelain as decoration. His hair was brighter, almost as though it had been the fire that burned such rich tones into his flesh. The question that fell from his ash stained lips surprised her. Noctii smiled at him. "I am so restless that my bones are gnawing on themselves." She admitted to him with a gentle laugh.

"I suppose it is unusual for a stranger to beg another strange for their state of mind," Noctii uttered quietly. This man was so attentive. He had allowed his ears to flicker forward to display his interest in their conversation. She was appreciative of such a small, yet kind gesture. His chuckle was as rich as the color of his coat. Her thorns twitched in response to the sound. She was not offended that he seemed to chuckle at her inability to utter anything further. Instead, she offered him an amused smile. Her smile faded quickly. His gaze was beckoned back towards the sea. He told her that he missed someone who was missing. Noctii felt her heart pound faster in her chest. She couldn't imagine missing someone you couldn't find. Death at least offered closure. That type of loss took time to heal. It wasn't as unknown as someone missing. "Oh no, that's terrible. Were you traveling together before this? What is his name? I can help you keep watch for him." She offered to him gently.

The man spoke again and informed her that he was new to Novus. "Exactly? Well, currently we are in Terastella, the Dusk Court. This world is called Novus. There are four courts here named after the four times of day, Dawn, Day, Dusk, Night. The Dawn Court is Delumine. The Day Court is Solterra. The Night Court is Denocte. Each has their deities. That's all I've managed to learn since I came to Novus. I'm Noctiilucent but I go by Noctii. I live in Denocte." She answered him, with the hope that her words would be helpful to him. Noctii was surprised at how deep this conversation had grown in such a short amount of time. These were the kinds of conversations she wanted to have. "Truthfully, I am not much one for faith. The gods have never been kind to me, though I have had very minimal interactions with them here. Novus is a place where the gods here are very real," She warned him gently.

Words: 574 | Notes: No worries! I always love long posts <3 | Tags: @Liam

... Or do you wait and watch as it bleeds

Messages In This Thread
we both made promises - by Liam - 12-19-2019, 02:42 AM
RE: we both made promises - by Noctiilucent - 12-20-2019, 03:52 PM
RE: we both made promises - by Noctiilucent - 12-31-2019, 11:38 AM
RE: we both made promises - by Liam - 12-25-2019, 02:00 AM