Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - to be the sun

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

we're climbing until we transcend
higher, higher to where the skies end

One…

As Antiope begins the countdown, Morrighan readies herself. She puts one leg in front of the other and leans forward, her eyes focused on the halfway mark that is Bram. He stares back, slightly regretting his decision to be a marker.

Two…

The snow fall stops. She can feel the heat emanating more strongly from her hooves. It starts as sparks until it flickers into small flames that she's satisfied with. Every day she feels herself getting closer to the power she once held with fire.

Three!

The Warden launches forward, her focus only on the race and the beating of her hooves against the ground. Embers trail behind her as she leaves burned prints in her wake. She is a force to be reckoned with as she gets closer and closer to her wolf. Determination shines in her eyes and the fires continue to burn at her feet. She is back to reliving her older memories and the carefree feeling it brings.

But with this, she is no longer a young foal and is much more competitive than before. As the pair approach, Bram jumps out of the way so they can make the turn without pelting him with snow. Unfortunately for him, he didn't move quite fast enough and Morrighan manages to kick some slush at him before she leaves. The mare laughs and it's a throaty kind of sound, almost like her voice hasn't been used in a while. Really, it's that she hasn't truly laughed in a long time.

Here it is, the final stretch, and she quickly glances at Antiope for the first time since the race began. The mare is slowing and, somehow, Morr is beginning to get ahead of her. With a smirk, she lengthens her stride and puts as much energy into her gallop as she can. She snuffs her flames out in order to focus everything on her speed. This is it.

Her hooves cross the finish line first, only within a few seconds before Antiope. Still, it's enough to grant her first place and a redemption. Her heart is racing and she's out of breath, but she still manages to make a victory howl. Bram, still a bit covered in snow, makes his way back. Despite being annoyed at Morr for getting him, he's completely amused by the women's game.

"Ha! I knew it. I knew I'd be stronger this time," she says, flaunting her victory. It doesn't occur to her at all that Antiope may have just let her win, she's too focused on the sole fact of being the winner.

"Maybe you are tired, or getting too old," she jokes and playfully nudges the woman's shoulder. She's no longer thinking of all that had troubled her before either, just as she had wanted.

@Antiope I think this is what we had talked about happening? LMAO I can edit it otherwise
"Speaking."
credits
credits

Messages In This Thread
to be the sun - by Morrighan - 12-15-2019, 12:46 AM
RE: to be the sun - by Antiope - 12-16-2019, 06:45 PM
RE: to be the sun - by Morrighan - 12-16-2019, 11:54 PM
RE: to be the sun - by Antiope - 12-17-2019, 01:12 PM
RE: to be the sun - by Morrighan - 12-17-2019, 11:34 PM
RE: to be the sun - by Antiope - 12-19-2019, 02:40 PM
RE: to be the sun - by Morrighan - 12-19-2019, 11:48 PM
RE: to be the sun - by Antiope - 12-22-2019, 06:24 PM