Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Constant

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Kauri

Slipping away at the nothingness to whatever he sought. Back into a dream that came riddled with regret and that lost ambition. Skull aligned downward to have its bridge press against this tree. Feathers tickled him but also did their due in working as a prompter. Not one thing he could make of it, its intentions dull despite that sharp hit to the nerve. He had no idea as to why it did such thing. A piece to that passed equine, a reminder to their final breath. Sighing aloud, he peered up at the tree's foliage once more. Every detail he could see upon it yet it felt to be a figment of his imagination. With those images in which speckled the horizon of the desert, he sat in a hole as he could no longer give reality its due. No, it was real but the likelihood of it not is what tore him deep inside. The longer he soaked in the mess that was his thoughts, the deeper he would find himself in uncertainty.

Before even taking the thought to bring a foreleg back down to earth a voice reached his ear, causing the young male to get on the defensive for a moment. All that time wallowing in the depths of his mind to only now realize another was present upon this oasis. He drew out more distance between by just a meter, violet eyes examining their form. Striped: the same as he, however, the stranger's wrapped around legs versus his taking torso. Of course, their eyes were what caught his attention but not simply because of the different hues happening, self was searching for something within them. 

Quietness overtook the area for a minute but it certainly gave the sense of drawing out much more than that. Finally his scanning ceased, blinking and shaking his head. The male almost lost what the dame had said to him, snorting as he viewed up at the tree he previously pressed against. There was something up there; a sorcery he had no warning of that could easily take the reins of his thoughts. Though he would not say such as it was nothing but pure silliness. "Yes, I'm sure you can see the leaves reaching out." Kauri stated, tempted to try and grab one. Let's not immediately run dry words into the ground. Sighing at his first response, words were rearranged into a statement that flowed a bit better. "Sadly, no, there is nothing to give interest on. Perhaps you know of a better tree worth the look?" he chuckled, moving around the stranger to return close to the water's edge. It was still here, giving life to this place. Gazing back at the other, he now noticed the state of their appearance, glossier than what was usual.

"I hadn't disturbed anything of yours, have I?"

Speaks | Thoughts

@Seraphina, terribly sorry for the late response! Unusual for me to take this long. -kicks self-

Messages In This Thread
Constant - by Kauri - 07-12-2017, 11:10 PM
RE: Constant - by Seraphina - 07-18-2017, 10:57 PM
RE: Constant - by Kauri - 08-05-2017, 11:00 AM