Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - And We Shall Make Angels

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sea [PM] Posts: 39 — Threads: 12
Signos: 560
Inactive Character

Hello, hello, hello, beautiful stranger,
how familiar the danger,
slipping into the shadows.

She must be high from all the adrenaline and air rushing through her, teasing her of Death but never giving it to her.  Instead, chance delivers her to her knees in the bushes of Terrastella, her wings a ruckus as they reach out and slowly fold back in.  Laughter finds her, she laughs like a mad man at the thrill of her creation coming to life.  Coming to her aid.  Flying !  It is an exhilarating sensation, to know that one can now defy gravity, even if they were born to be flightless, grounded, stable.

Emersyn is torn between tears of laughing joy and tears of aggravation over how destroyed her knees are.  Just as she draws her own focus on them, someone else busts out from the bushes and makes their way to her.  Almost at once he begins fretting over her, a real hen of a horse, Emersyn's blue eyes narrow.  " Why are you so polite?  What do you want?" She hears herself asking, impatiently, if only because he is crushing her vibe with his kindness.  "No,  I do not want bandages, thank you."  

But .. did he happen to see -

And because she cannot accept that she was the only one who witnessed herself jumping off a cliff and defying her death, she has to ask.  " Did you see what just happened?  My creation, it worked.  I flew.  I was flying."  She is still dazzled.   In no other incarnation, would Emersyn seem so gleeful, so charmed, nor would her smile be so beautiful and easy to look at.

Proudly, a set of wings spread out in display, the woman's hair flips from white to black in the wind that combs its way through the beach side.  "Ouch,"  the word slips out when she tries to shift to her feet and is winded by the pain that relents for her to stay down.  "I think I need to stay right here.  Not much of a choice at this time."   Emersyn winces as her joints groan in the way of prickling and fiery damaged nerves.  Every time the wind blows, it sets her wounds on fire.  

"What is your name stranger?  Mine is Emersyn."

~~~

@Liam  <3

Messages In This Thread
And We Shall Make Angels - by Emersyn - 12-24-2019, 03:32 AM
RE: And We Shall Make Angels - by Liam - 12-29-2019, 03:22 AM
RE: And We Shall Make Angels - by Emersyn - 01-06-2020, 02:52 AM