Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - ☆ becoming

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kansassy [PM] Posts: 15 — Threads: 3
Signos: 1,595
Inactive Character

Perhaps it is the stillness, the velvet lined darkness draped down the hard stone walls. Or mayhap it was the occasional draft of cold across my spine, a subconscious reminder that outside, nature whistled with rage. Or... maybe it was something altogether different as I stood there silently, only the rhythm of my heartbeath for company. Each breath was slow, calculated as latent panic attempted to rear its head somewhere in the back of my mind, lacing thoughts with echoes of fire and lightning.

No, I thought, affirming my surroundings with a white-lined gaze, ears sliding back as something new broke into the silence. Foot-steps, familiar foot-steps. Her arrival injected a blossom of calm into my veins, easing the swivet threatening to overcome my tentative logic. So long I spent perfecting it, so hard I struggled to convince myself that all was well. Yet here all it took was a few jagged shadows and it all came tumbling down. Almost. Not so far that I could not turn to her with an expectant, if not somewhat hesitant, look. "Isra I-" Join me.

Cold.

Her eyes are so hauntingly cold as she looks at me. That sea-blue gaze was hardened into ice, glittering down at me with an emptiness to rival the room. Admittedly, it was not the first time I had witnessed this look, though it is the first time it was ever directed at me. Some part of me knew that it was not in malice that she gazed upon me now, but it did not stop the skin puckering down my neck. "Of course," I say softly, and it feels like an eternity was come and gone. I move beside her with a twist of my head, assuming that she meant to retire back to her quarters.

ooc: @Isra

Messages In This Thread
☆ becoming - by Illu - 12-29-2019, 09:15 PM
RE: ☆ becoming - by Isra - 12-31-2019, 02:27 PM
RE: ☆ becoming - by Illu - 01-05-2020, 12:30 PM
RE: ☆ becoming - by Isra - 01-07-2020, 10:26 PM