Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - hold warm saltwater in your mouth

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline del [PM] Posts: 16 — Threads: 4
Signos: 195
Inactive Character

As they climb the weather gains energy. The snow thickens with a feverish pitch behind it. And the wind careens all about them in a hollowed moan. Twisting strands of damp hair across the girl’s face, whipping them against her eyes. Noëlle has faith in her limbs, and the cloven hooves that take purchase over the wet path. While the fatigue draws into her bones, she can take solace in the steadiness of her heartbeat – the mechanical draw of cool air that floods her nostrils.

The information of Gealach Kelpies presses into her forethought. Lyr’s explanation fails to satisfy her curiosity. Provoking a subtle frown to form, crinkling her gaze. She mumbles carelessly in thought, "They look like us, sort of.” Her voice is soft – likely to be lost in the wind.

Are you from here?

“I’m a foreigner,” she roars back. “But perhaps I’ll make this place my home.” She casts her gaze upon him – briefly – a subdued grin now dances at the edges of her lips. Eyes alight with the prospect.

Focusing ahead she calls out, “I would like one.” Uncertain if he will hear her above the storm.

A familiar ache blooms across her chest. Home: a hollow, dead thing that could not exist without the flame her father carried with him. Home was always moving from one outpost to the other, carried on their backs and in their hearts as they set out from one world to the next. In the faces of strangers, and the uncertainties of the wilds – taking one risk after the other, in pursuit of a happy life.

They had found it once – in an idea, when they came across the great buildings they called civilization.

Noëlle crests the path with an eager trot, tossing her gaze across the churning sea. Coming to a halt. The horizon lost and muddled to the heavy weight of cloud, and fog.

“Beautiful though, isn’t it?”

A soft sigh escapes her as her grin deflates. Pausing for just a moment, not minding the silence should it awash them with the elements.

“Are you headed anywhere in particular, Lyr? If you don’t mind me asking.”

Noëlle

ooc// @Lyr (hey! I know this was a while ago, but felt bad for not posting. if it's too far in the past just let me know, and we can archive this)

Messages In This Thread
hold warm saltwater in your mouth - by Lyr - 01-07-2020, 12:48 AM
RE: hold warm saltwater in your mouth - by Lyr - 01-08-2020, 01:03 AM
RE: hold warm saltwater in your mouth - by Lyr - 01-12-2020, 11:22 AM
RE: hold warm saltwater in your mouth - by Noëlle - 05-29-2020, 10:46 PM