Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - feel the wind rise

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Aeranas

We'll leave this empty room, into the air we'll climb

She laughs, it is a wonderful sound. Her banter makes his heart soar. She claims the sky owes her the wings he speaks of if it dares to challenge her. She is right, it isn't a fair fight without wings. Aerie smiles in response to her words, it is an easy thing for him to do. She breathes charisma, he is only lucky if he can catch some of it. The ghost feels her eyes crawl across his pale skin. He is unable to take credit for it, he has simply borrowed the flesh and bone from someone who was forgotten long ago. The thorns atop his crown twitch in response to her intake of breath. The air spills like a flood from her lungs, it forms words he would never imagine stringing together. He is no hunter. He exists to breathe the words of others. That is why the ghost haunts Novus. A smile forms on his pale lips, it is gentle just like him. She searches for berries that you do not dare eat at this time of year. His curiosity begs for knowledge, as though that will sate the ravenous hunger it carries. Aerie finds himself admiring the simple woman before him, in her simplicity she is one of the most beautiful creatures he has ever seen. She has the ability to captivate even the most stubborn creature in one breath.

"The sky isn't known for her kindness, nor desire for fairness. I think she might be selfish, jealous of those like us. She is forced to watch how the earth changes forms, I'll bet she is jealous of us because she loves the earth she cannot touch. She can only come so close. It must be painful to watch the one you love, for them to be so close and you cannot touch them. I'll bet that's why she is unfair." Aerie speaks, but his story is just a story. That is what the ghost is best at, weaving stories about nothing for the entertainment of others. He is always performing, even when he is simply haunting. Her gaze spills over him, it is hopeful. He hates to be the one to dash her hopes, but he has not seen any berries. Aerie is not a botanist, he does not know the first thing about identifying plants. He is not against learning, but he tends no gardens. The ghost shakes his crown, ice falls from his antlers as snow falls from the sky. It decorates him, as though he has the power to sparkle like the stars. As if he is made of the snow that glitters in the sunlight. Alas, he is but a ghost with borrowed bones.

"I have not seen any, I am no gardener. I am but a simple storyteller, on my way to Terrastella. I am even less of a hunter than a gardener. Why do you hunt for something you cannot eat? I suppose there must always be some danger when a hunt is involved. I am happy to help you look." Aerie offers to her, his words are genuine. He is genuine. Every inch of his pale flesh is genuine. The ghost's flesh carries the secrets of other worlds, but that is all it carries. That is all his flesh is good for. Another smile crawls across his porcelain face, his rose eyes shine with excitement. This is a new adventure for him, to race across the fields with a stranger in search of dangerous berries. Aerie laughs slightly at his own dramatic thoughts. It must be true, he was born for this. Just like his grandmother always said. "I'm Aerie." He introduces himself, his eyes are still sparkling when he looks to her. 

"Speech" Thoughts

@Noëlle | Ahh I hope this is alright! <3 | 625 Words

Messages In This Thread
feel the wind rise - by Noëlle - 01-07-2020, 09:33 AM
RE: feel the wind rise - by Aeranas - 01-07-2020, 12:59 PM
RE: feel the wind rise - by Noëlle - 01-07-2020, 11:50 PM
RE: feel the wind rise - by Aeranas - 01-11-2020, 11:22 AM