Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Only Skin Deep

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Silasthein

The secrets we keep..

Silas had stirred up quite a commotion, he could feel the warmth from bodies swath over him. It almost lulled him to sleep, but he fought it. It wanted to choke him, to stifle his breath, but he had fought dragons more terrifying than this. He heard the cries for a doctor and saw the forest of limbs dissipate for a woman who urged them to give the magician space. Her wings draped at her side, and nearly brushed the wooden planks beneath them. Her face soon came into view, but he couldn’t see all of her. Her words flowed like honey, it was the sound he associated with concern. Silas seemed to be the only one to find humor in such an alarming situation. The woman had called for someone else, but Silas could not see who it was. Silas only laughs when she asks what happened to him, he laughs only because it is such an absurd tale. The words that spill from her mouth to the other stir curiosity in the fading magician. Then, he is not fading. Some of his pain is being pulled out of him, literally. Silas notices the clarity of his vision greatly increase, and he is able to hoist himself back on his feet. He expects the woman to protest, who he can now see is as beautiful as she sounds. The woman looks as though she is a garden and sounds like honey. She smells like summer. Ragged breaths spill from his ivory lips as he peers at her. “I don’t mean to laugh, your question is valid. It’s just so absurd that I’m not sure you’ll believe me -…” His voice trails off, it is interrupted by a sharp gasp as the pain starts to seep through his body.

It takes him a few moments to steady himself, as the waves of pain begin to roll through him again. It is a terrible, crawling, all-consuming thing. “I fell from a portal in the sky into Novus. I landed out in the plains atop rocks, snow and ice. I’ve spilled enough blood on the way here to transfuse an army.” Another laugh escaped his lips, his humor never faded. It was what saved him in the worst of times. Silas felt at least more mobile now, coherent. “I guess it doesn’t matter whether you believe me or not. The fact remains that I fell from a very high distance and collided with the ground. Now blood seeps from my lips. The edges of my vision are blurred and black, and the pain in my left side. I can feel it crawling through me like a terrible creature. I haven’t felt like I was dying in so long. I think you might be my only chance to survive.” The grin on his faced masked the fear he felt. Silas wasn’t a man who was made out of fear. That tiny lizard brain was good at something, one thing really, keeping him alive. 

Silas has not ignored the concern etched on her face, but still, his defense mechanism of humor persists. He is surprised to see the woman cast a glance towards a Heron. Was this Alaunus? The one who she addressed? A smile of wonder and satisfaction crossed his face even as his vision darkened again. Magic was real, and alive in Novus. “What a brilliant creature…” He gasped out as a new wave of pain overtook him. His teeth ground together as he dropped his visage back to peer at the woman with a flower crown. “What do we do. Where do I go?” Silas asked her, his voice still light but there was a serious edge to it now.

Words: 619 | Notes: Ahh I'm sorry for my garbage post Samaira is lovely ;__; | Tags: @Samaira

... The lives we lead

Messages In This Thread
Only Skin Deep - by Silasthein - 01-10-2020, 04:29 PM
RE: Only Skin Deep - by Samaira - 01-16-2020, 02:22 PM
RE: Only Skin Deep - by Silasthein - 01-18-2020, 11:37 AM
RE: Only Skin Deep - by Samaira - 01-28-2020, 02:40 PM
RE: Only Skin Deep - by Silasthein - 06-06-2020, 10:48 AM
RE: Only Skin Deep - by Samaira - 07-09-2020, 11:33 AM