Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Only Skin Deep

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Katherine [PM] Posts: 60 — Threads: 8
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

“I’d only be doing my job,” she responds lightly. It certainly wouldn’t be the first time she’s seen the medics and doctors here drag anyone anywhere.

Although Samaira isn’t sure how she ended up on Novus, a portal is really the only thing that makes sense. Where it came from, she doesn’t know. What the pegasus does know is that she’s lucky all she woke up with was an arrow through her wing, and not a plethora of internal injuries. Her entrance could have ended up so much worse, considering she had been plummeting out of the sky when she had passed out.

Once the pair reach the lift and the rooms above, Samaira gets him settled within one. “I look forward to it,” she says, as she carefully preps everything that she needs. Clove oil, ice, suturing materials. Plus something for pain and inflammation, certainly.

She senses Alaunus’ approach before she hears him, and turns just as he enters through the window. “Are you okay to keep going?” the doctor asks him. He bobs his head and steps closer to the injured man. “I need you to check him for internal injuries. If you find any large tears, do what you can to close them,” she looks into her bonded’s bright blue eyes, “Take it slow if you to.”

If there is internal bleeding, any Alaunus can take care of the source, the man’s body will eventually reabsorb any of the blood in his abdomen on its own. She needed to get to work on his visible wounds, in the meantime.

“I know it’s painful, but I need you to try and take slow, deep breaths for me okay?” Samaira explains as she moves closer with ice and clove oil. “If you don’t get nice deep breaths, there’s a risk of pneumonia setting in. We’ll give you something to help with the pain then, however.”

Carefully, she begins applying the oil around the bleeding wounds that she can see. It would penetrate the skin and help numb the tissues underneath. Then she presses the ice packs to his side gently, holding them long enough to numb the surface so that she can clean the areas. Alaunus, in the meantime, has left the room again.

"Speaking."

@Silasthein I think we can finish this next round!

[Image: 13481303_KpOIcOG7drxHK9U.png?1556314753]
we'll fulfill our dreams
and we'll be free

Messages In This Thread
Only Skin Deep - by Silasthein - 01-10-2020, 04:29 PM
RE: Only Skin Deep - by Samaira - 01-16-2020, 02:22 PM
RE: Only Skin Deep - by Silasthein - 01-18-2020, 11:37 AM
RE: Only Skin Deep - by Samaira - 01-28-2020, 02:40 PM
RE: Only Skin Deep - by Silasthein - 06-06-2020, 10:48 AM
RE: Only Skin Deep - by Samaira - 07-09-2020, 11:33 AM