Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Electric Grey

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 118 — Threads: 19
Signos: 20
Inactive Character

A S P A R A

There were dragons in the sky?! For some reason this is the thought that made me feel small. Not the knowledge that I lived and walked among fallen stars. Not the understanding that my family was across an ocean I didn’t even know the size of. But the fact that there were dragons cruising among the stars, so far away I couldn’t see them.

I wondered how long it took for a star to get lonely. “So how old are you, really?” I suppose my voice sounded suspicious. It’s just that she looked so young (she even spoke and acted a little like a child) but if she was once a star she could be eons old... She could have been born before horses first walked Novus! I had a lot more questions. How exactly did a star become a horse? Could they become any animal? Could they return to the sky whenever they wished?

I realized I was chewing the inside of my cheek. All those questions, held back only by the physical action. My mouth tasted the way the forge sometimes smelled. Hot metal, pressed thin.

I’d like to see how you use them someday,” I admitted. The runes intrigued me, as all veins of mysticism did, even though they also scared me. There were some things I sensed were better unknown. Truths better to be discovered than told. “Vae. Nice to meet you.” Still my questions rattled around behind my sealed lips. I didn’t want to overwhelm her and anyway, I was patient. I hoped this was the start of a friendship, and we would have much time ahead of us for the answering of questions. I imagined myself peeling back the truth, layer by layer, to reveal a golden, glowing core. The heart of a star.

The bird caught my attention, drawing me out of my thoughts. I regarded it stoically, meeting its placid gaze. I could not help but laugh a little as Vae reached out and scared it off. There was something so naive about the gesture-- had she expected it to sing to her, like something out of a fairy tale? Braid flowers into her mane? I found it endearing. It certainly distracted me from my self-absorbed moodiness.

No, I don’t talk to animals. Just Furfur.” It did not strike me as an odd question, although to others it might have. Furfur suddenly bounded away, having caught the scent of a rabbit. “I can talk to other things though.” I grinned suddenly. “Anything without a heart, really.” I took my magic quite seriously-- it was a pivotal part of me, not some party trick or casual glamor.

But then, I took most things seriously. It was simply my nature.

- - -
@Vaeri we can wrap up in the next few posts? They're so cute together <3

Messages In This Thread
Electric Grey - by Aspara - 01-12-2020, 12:29 PM
RE: Electric Grey - by Vaeri - 01-21-2020, 10:42 PM
RE: Electric Grey - by Aspara - 01-24-2020, 09:04 PM
RE: Electric Grey - by Vaeri - 02-17-2020, 12:23 AM
RE: Electric Grey - by Aspara - 03-13-2020, 06:21 PM
RE: Electric Grey - by Vaeri - 03-22-2020, 12:02 AM
RE: Electric Grey - by Aspara - 04-04-2020, 03:32 PM
RE: Electric Grey - by Vaeri - 04-10-2020, 10:39 PM
RE: Electric Grey - by Aspara - 04-25-2020, 12:02 PM