Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Electric Grey

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 118 — Threads: 19
Signos: 20
Inactive Character

A S P A R A

I wish things could always be as easy as that afternoon with Vaeri. There wasn’t the usual awkwardness-- not that I was particularly awkward, but I was prone to overthinking everything, especially in the spring of my youth. But the two of us just sort of clicked in a way I did not often experience with others. I felt at ease around the shed-star. And to be honest, a little in awe. Star-struck, you might even call it?

Still, it was hard for me to turn away from the depths of the mountain forest. I felt drawn to the wilderness. Something deeper than logic, deeper even than words. It was some primal magnetism, ancient as the sea and twice as deep (twice as dark). The incoming storm only drove me further on when most everyone else would turn tail, head to shelter.

I loathed the word shelter, the very idea of it.

But I didn’t have many friends. And the forest would always be there, the mountain too, each with their secrets and summonings. With no small amount of consideration, I finally nodded my head in acceptance, and I turned to follow the shed-star. “I’d like that. I can tell you more about my magic too. I bet your runes will talk to me.” Magic always brought an excited edge to my voice; there was nothing, not even exploring, that felt as good as flexing my magic.

Furfur followed at my heels with a disappointed huff. “Tomorrow,” I reassured him silently. “tomorrow we’ll be back. And the day after, and again and again and again after that. Always.” But today-- now-- was time for runes and friendship, as unlikely as it may be. Somehow, in a very brief span of time, I went from prowling the mountains, brimming with angst, to going home with a fallen star.

My life was wild in the most unexpected ways.

- - -
@Vaeri <3

Messages In This Thread
Electric Grey - by Aspara - 01-12-2020, 12:29 PM
RE: Electric Grey - by Vaeri - 01-21-2020, 10:42 PM
RE: Electric Grey - by Aspara - 01-24-2020, 09:04 PM
RE: Electric Grey - by Vaeri - 02-17-2020, 12:23 AM
RE: Electric Grey - by Aspara - 03-13-2020, 06:21 PM
RE: Electric Grey - by Vaeri - 03-22-2020, 12:02 AM
RE: Electric Grey - by Aspara - 04-04-2020, 03:32 PM
RE: Electric Grey - by Vaeri - 04-10-2020, 10:39 PM
RE: Electric Grey - by Aspara - 04-25-2020, 12:02 PM