Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - oh little life

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Darkrise [PM] Posts: 46 — Threads: 14
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

THE WHITE WOLF
the horror you have committed
is not who you are

With patient interest Castalla watched the other mare as she steadied her breath, hearing the air leaving her lips and the solid beat of her heart thanks to enhanced hearing. And then the dagger whistled through the air, slicing the chilly day. A smile brightened Castalla’s face as the young mare’s knife landed solidly in the target and she turned to the filly- who was for her part remarkably unfazed by the success of her throw. “It worked indeed.” Castalla barked out a laugh, amused by the filly’s deadpan deliverance. “It’s a pleasure to meet you Aspara,” for the wolf now had a face to put to the name she had learnt when first hearing of those in the Court.

“I’m Castalla.” Her name was accompanied by a friendly dip of her head, pleased to be distracted from the restlessness of her mind.

“My father taught me- well… my father and the best experts money could buy in Alanaris.” She sighed ruefully, casting the younger woman a side-long smile before picking up the dagger between the fronds of her mind. It arched gracefully in the air as she tested its weight, spinning it a little. It was heavier than her own dagger, which was holstered to one leg, though far smaller in size. Nevertheless, she turned to face the target, letting out a breath and throwing the knife all in the same smooth, swift movement. In that moment her thoughts quietened, her breath steadied and her heart paused. It landed with a precise thud in the very centre of the target. The wolf got no satisfaction from it anymore, the perfect positioning of her knife in the ring, not like she used to. Not like the days where she stood shoulder to shoulder with General and soldiers, assassins and rogues and experts in all manner of weapons. And wiped the proverbial floor with them, even as a child. Then her heart had been lighter, unburdened by the faces that haunted her sleeping moments. Now she couldn’t help but see faces in the thatched target as she stared for a moment at the knife embedded in it. Then she turned back to Aspara, wondering whether it would be shock or fear or something else shining in her eyes.

n | r

@Aspara <3

Messages In This Thread
oh little life - by Aspara - 01-12-2020, 02:25 PM
RE: oh little life - by Castalla - 02-14-2020, 07:33 AM
RE: oh little life - by Aspara - 03-18-2020, 06:15 PM
RE: oh little life - by Castalla - 04-18-2020, 04:52 PM
RE: oh little life - by Aspara - 05-02-2020, 04:14 PM
RE: oh little life - by Castalla - 05-22-2020, 11:57 AM
RE: oh little life - by Aspara - 06-14-2020, 03:27 PM