Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - in my kingdom

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Vendetta

You sit and stay, I don't obey
Where do we land in the Black Sea
Her ruby eyes settle on the young man across from her, barely more than a boy, barely more than an idiot. Had he truly thought that she did not know he was following her? Vendetta takes in the golden skin paired with bright green eyes and a smattering of white feathers, and can’t help but think that he looks like some undeveloped youth.

How disappointing. She had been hoping for someone a little more… exciting. Someone who would present a bigger problem. Not a barely-adult with too much pride hanging around his shoulders. The unicorn lifts her head a little higher, gazing upon him with a sharp and scrutinizing look. His words fill the quickly-cooling air and she cannot help but wonder, who does this boy think he is?

Vendetta doesn’t scoff, even if she feels it in every inch of her bones. “The possible outcome to both is swift and certainly not painless,” she responds, words like the blade of a knife: metallic and cool. She doesn’t carry a dagger on her daily, usually only when she is planning a special… visit to one of Solterra’s less-than-favorable kinds. But that’s not to say that the Mistress isn’t dangerous in other ways, nor her bonded with his sharp, many pointed antlers.

“You seem to have me mistaken,” Vendetta is all too familiar with his kind, they run rampant in her streets, darkening every corner and alleyway with their shadows. She has enough of them to last her multiple lifetimes, “For someone who cares to indulge others.” What the unicorn doesn’t have, is time to entertain every kid hoping to make it big in the market because they think they can.

Not everyone can be her, after all.

Vendetta doesn’t know what Locke thinks he’s heard about the black market, or what he thinks he’s learned about it, but her black market is not like the others. In Solterra, there is rank and order, and she wears the crown jewels. “What makes you think these alleys are meant for you to know them?” Here, you don’t just step in without her license, and you certainly don’t just work her streets without her knowing.

"Speaking."

| @Locke

Messages In This Thread
in my kingdom - by Vendetta - 01-16-2020, 04:09 PM
RE: in my kingdom - by Locke - 01-20-2020, 07:02 PM
RE: in my kingdom - by Vendetta - 01-25-2020, 03:05 PM
RE: in my kingdom - by Locke - 02-09-2020, 09:15 AM