Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - my tired white flag

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

every day it feels like I’m holding back an ocean

"Stars bring you out tonight? They're... They're somethin' tonight.”

The palomino felt guilty for leaving Lilli, her family, but Altair, now Altair was his own special kind of guilt that plagued Elena when she thought about him for too long. Maybe, in the end, it was Altair that she should have been with, but she brushes him off with the ease that a butterfly flaps its wings. She knows this now, that she had been wrong to do such a thing, but in the moment, Elena had thought she knew what her heart wanted. Though, she thinks back on it now, her head may have gotten in the way more than she would have liked. Her parents had made it look so easy, their love, but Elena, being young and foolish, had failed to notice that love comes in many different forms. It is a snowflake, no two relationships are the same.

Oh, Elena could vouch for that now. How different Aerwir had been, Underworld, Tunnel. All of them unique, each of them poisoning her in their own way. She knows this now, but she some how still thinks they held the antidote for her, keeping it tucked away in their pockets. Doesn't this make it worse? That they had willingly destroyed her while having the cure all along, but refusing to give it to her, content to watch her suffer? But Elena thinks, at least they cared enough to have it, even if they didn't offer it.

Elena is smart.
I never said she was wise.

Especially when it comes to men, but then again, hasn't every woman done something rash and bit mad for love?

Elena finds herself in the capital once more, her feet growing accustomed to the streets of Terrastella, the way it feels underneath her. Though, still the girl in gold and gossamer has hardly had the chance to explore every nook and cranny that this new land has to offer her. She spends a lot of her time in the hospital, learning and practicing, collecting supplies. Elena has always been a healer, a strong need to soothe another’s pain. Perhaps, that is why she has adjusted to Dusk so quickly, with a prupose provided to her, Elena is able to find her steps, her rhythm, her purpose. It is this that has given her comfort, this and her frequency visits to the shore where if she stares out long and hard enough, Elena believes she can see the outline of Beqanna not too far off and her friends standing on the shore across miles of ocean.

Today Elena has traded the sound of the ocean waves for thrumming of the city. Elena gazes around at the sights that are offered to her. There are so many rushing about and interacting. There is the laughter of someone having just told a joke, the quite wine of a child unable to get the treat they wanted, and the sound of whispers as today’s gossip spreads from loose lips. Despite the overwhelming sensation that comes with a populated space, Elena still manages to find some semblance of peace throughout it all.

Elena turns down an alleyway. There are folks entering into an older looking spot, maybe something of interest would be worth her venturing. Elena follows another into the bar, unaware of what this place actually was. Elena still has such an innocence to her, despite the scars on her body that tell otherwise.

She is truck by her. Glacial blues are immediately drawn to the woman that looks like the sun incarnated. Immediately, Elena thinks of another she had known where the same thoughts had come to mind. Kensa. It all comes rushing to her, Kensa, Hyaline, Pangea, the rocky cliffs and the diplomatic trips. Kensa had been radiant, she had been confident, she had been a good leader, but it hadn't been enough to make Elena stay.

The palomino is moving towards the pair before she can stop herself, she hasn't even entirely realized that she has just stepped into a bar, she is lost in nostalgia for a time when she was in Hyaline and Lilli in Taiga and their worlds, though not simple, were effortless. “Hi,” she says when she reaches them, now all entirely too aware she has just interrupted. “Sorry, Im not quite sure what Im doing here, I don't even really know where here is,” she says then, blue eyes looking to her surroundings. She turns to Israfel now. “You just looked like a friend of mine, again, sorry,” she says sheepishly, gaze cast downwards in apology. “I am still new to Dusk, I’m Elena.”

* e l e n a
in the dark I’ll pray for the return of the light
the sunflower daughter of benjamin and beylani
medic of dusk.

Hope you don't mind Elena crashing the party <3

@Israfel @Theodosia

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
my tired white flag - by Israfel - 01-18-2020, 09:57 AM