Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - warrior hearts

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

float away, open wide
unafraid with open eyes

She hears her name spoken behind her and Morrighan turns to see Antiope standing there. The Warden nods in greeting and starts to walk alongside the mare. The crowd mingles around them, but she tunes out the noise to focus on what her Regent has to say.

The questions come as a surprise given that a few days have passed since their last race. Still, Morrighan can't exactly blame Antiope for wondering. They so far haven't gotten a chance to truly get to know each other and, quite frankly, she has the same questions for her.

"I come from a land called Ourania," she starts to explain, the images of her homeland playing through her mind. The memories are always bittersweet now whenever she thinks back on them. "And I grew up in a kingdom called Nieven. We were a pretty large group and most of us were soldiers. We trained from a young age to be ready for war against the wolves- the other large population on Ourania." The thought of the creatures had always made her grit her teeth and ignite her fire magic. Now that she has Bram it's... complicated to say the least.

"When I got older, I moved up within the ranks. I was in charge of training the younger soldiers and making sure they were ready for the real thing," she continues, leaving out some minor details. Technically, she wasn't always so involved with the soldiers. Her magic took some time to develop and she almost didn't think she'd make it, but thankfully she proved everyone wrong. But this had been a weakness and that would not do her any good to mention now.

"But then there was a day where the war got really bad. I led my party into battle and… I don't know. Somehow everything went black and I ended up here in Novus." Morrighan's feelings in general are complicated. Although she spent most of her life there, she's never felt more alive, or like she had a purpose until she became part of this Court. Still, there will always be a part of her that misses Ourania and her old life. Things seemed much easier then even while they were in the middle of war.

"What about you?" she decides to ask after all. It seems only fair Antiope tells her backstory now that Morr has given her's. She's definitely been curious to know for a while.

@Antiope <3
"Speaking."
credits

Messages In This Thread
warrior hearts - by Morrighan - 01-19-2020, 02:34 PM
RE: warrior hearts - by Antiope - 02-01-2020, 09:20 AM
RE: warrior hearts - by Morrighan - 02-03-2020, 12:39 AM
RE: warrior hearts - by Antiope - 02-08-2020, 04:05 PM
RE: warrior hearts - by Morrighan - 02-13-2020, 11:58 AM
RE: warrior hearts - by Antiope - 02-20-2020, 11:23 AM
RE: warrior hearts - by Morrighan - 02-21-2020, 01:12 AM
RE: warrior hearts - by Antiope - 03-12-2020, 02:05 PM