Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - warrior hearts

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

Morrighan,
What did she think of Caligo? In short, it's complicated. Morrighan has always felt conflicted towards gods and deities, especially after all that happened back in Ourania. They never listened to their people, if they ever really existed in the first place. Not that she ever had a deep faith either, but it certainly didn't help.

"Well," she says, not really sure where to start. "It's hard to say. We didn't have the greatest gods to look up to back home, so I'm indifferent. I've never really worshipped any god or deity, but I suppose I'm grateful to have my magic back." Caligo is the only deity she's ever felt some kind of connection with or sort of seen for that matter. At first she isn't sure if she should mention that part. Even she still feels silly thinking about it. But, she isn't talking to just anyone, so maybe Antiope won't judge her too harshly.

"The day I got my magic again, I swear I… saw her. At least it felt like her statue was staring at me differently. Then I thought I saw her again when I found Bram. Maybe I was imagining it, but that was the first time I ever had that happen," she manages to confess, but it does sound very ridiculous. "I don't know. I'm loyal to the Court now, so I guess naturally that means I should be loyal to her, right? It's just hard to really believe when she's not a complete physical being."

Morrighan looks away from Antiope, feeling foolish. She isn't sure what answer the woman had hoped for, if there was one. Hopefully what was said doesn't disappoint her. The last thing she wants to do is offend her Regent.

When the topic changes over to Sovereign-ship, Antiope says it's Isra's vision for her to move up, but it's hard to tell if it's something the woman truly wants. Of course, taking on the rank of Regent, she would've had to expect this day to come eventually. "Is that your vision too?" she asks, curious to know if she'd see the role as a burden or a blessing.

It's hard for Morrighan to imagine any other leader besides Isra at this point, but that's just because she's been their queen for the entire time Morr's been here. From what she's learned and seen from Antiope, she thinks the mare would make a good leader. She's much more level-headed than Morr, so maybe it's a good thing Isra hadn't asked her. The entire Court would probably end up in flames as soon as someone screwed up.

Although, Antiope would be needing a Regent of her own. Morr's definitely worked hard in her role as Warden, but it never felt like something she'd want to settle on. Maybe in time she could continue to prove herself and they could make a good team together. In reality, she'd never want to destroy her own Court (but maybe the one who screwed up).

So, she decides to drop the question, "Have you thought of who you'd appoint as Regent?" And see what happens. At the least, maybe she can get a sense of what Antiope would be looking for in a second in command.

“Speaking.”
a little mayhem never hurt anyone

@Antiope <3

Messages In This Thread
warrior hearts - by Morrighan - 01-19-2020, 02:34 PM
RE: warrior hearts - by Antiope - 02-01-2020, 09:20 AM
RE: warrior hearts - by Morrighan - 02-03-2020, 12:39 AM
RE: warrior hearts - by Antiope - 02-08-2020, 04:05 PM
RE: warrior hearts - by Morrighan - 02-13-2020, 11:58 AM
RE: warrior hearts - by Antiope - 02-20-2020, 11:23 AM
RE: warrior hearts - by Morrighan - 02-21-2020, 01:12 AM
RE: warrior hearts - by Antiope - 03-12-2020, 02:05 PM