Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - made of hellfire

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Morrighan

loving you was the
most exquisite
form of self-destruction
As Al'Zahra approaches, it's as if the world around them has stopped. It's the stereotypical backlit glow and wind whipping hair kind of look, only this is happening in real time. Morrighan doesn't know what to do about any of it. This isn't something she can easily get rid of (nor does she want to exactly; she wants to savor every moment of it, maybe get a real taste of it, if she can find the courage). It's like the woman knows too, as her chains sing in sync with her steps and she casts a golden gaze upon her. Morr looks away immediately and her cheeks feel warm.

"I'm not sure the lake will hold you if you run that way."

She's not wrong. Fire and water do not exactly mix and Morr has never been a fan of swimming anyway. But, she can't help but narrow her eyes even a little for the comment. It's definitely a playful jab at how she ran off last time, but that doesn't mean she's not embarrassed.

It must mean something though if Al'Zahra is here now? Why else would she be?

Maybe it's selfish to think she's just here for Morr, but she'd like to believe that it's the truth. Just like how she sought out the woman specifically among all the dancers that night to keep her promise.

If that's the reason, then she better savor every moment of it. She couldn't screw it up this time or their paths may never cross again. This thought tears her heart up more than trying to make sense of the fluttering feelings in her chest.

"Might be worth a try," she replies with a shrug, turning for a moment to look out at the lake. For a moment, she considers jumping in. It's not deep enough to hide her though and it would only make her feel worse. "You never know, I might float."

When Morrighan turns back, she finds herself moving closer to the woman. It's like a magnetic pull that's making her close the gap between them. She wants to, so, so badly.

"I…" she starts to say, but isn't really sure how to get the words to come out. She's sorry? She's happy to see her again? Her mind is jumbled with all the things she should and wants to say, but it's as if she forgot how to speak or function.

"I didn't want to leave," she ends up blurting out and her eyes widen. "I mean, I'm sorry I ran, I just… I don't know." She looks down at the ground and clenches her jaw. Morr has never stuttered before. Ever. Yet, that's all she seems to be able to do around Al'Zahra.

She closes her eyes and breathes in the scent of woodsmoke and spices. It's intoxicating.

"Must be witchcraft." She looks back up again and thinks it would make sense if this girl was a witch. A strong one at that with the kind of spell Morr feels like she's under. As her heart beats faster, she almost doesn't want to fight against it either.

“Speaking.”

Messages In This Thread
made of hellfire - by Morrighan - 01-20-2020, 12:40 AM
RE: made of hellfire - by Al'Zahra - 01-24-2020, 06:57 PM
RE: made of hellfire - by Morrighan - 01-28-2020, 11:28 PM
RE: made of hellfire - by Al'Zahra - 02-01-2020, 10:17 PM
RE: made of hellfire - by Morrighan - 02-03-2020, 01:12 AM
RE: made of hellfire - by Al'Zahra - 02-18-2020, 08:54 PM
RE: made of hellfire - by Morrighan - 02-26-2020, 11:03 PM
RE: made of hellfire - by Al'Zahra - 03-01-2020, 09:03 PM