Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I don't know what you've been told [Ard|Erd]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

every day it feels like I’m holding back an ocean

She knows this now, she knows it and she hates to admit it. They had been silly, foolish, naive, ignorant, simple children. There, sitting in the grass staring up at the clouds making meaningful shapes from meaningless tufts of white against a cerulean sky. They had thought themselves so untouchable, that danger could never brush its wretched hand against their soft, young, supple skin. Each of them so believed that they were safe within the walls of their valley home. Tragedy, it had already reached each of the girls, and that had to have been enough, in their lives, there had to be no more. They had held hands and whispered secrets in each other’s ears, shared a handshake meant only for the other, daisy chains strewn up in the valley. Nothing could touch them, the orphan girl and the child from a family torn apart by war. They were free.

They had been so wrong, just neither of them had been able to see it.

Blinded by the sound of thundering falls, the smell of fresh pine, and the feeling of grass tickling against their crimson and gold skin. And Elena knows now, how easy it is to slide those rose tinted glasses over eyes, growing blind. She can still be that childhood maiden that saved herself from the vicious dragon, the one who could conquer mountains and tame wild beasts, and soothe aching hearts.

She stands there in gossamer and gold against the backdrop of the fields entirely expecting she would spend the day alone. Though, it was foolish of her to think so. Terrastella may be a large court, but it was a court teeming with life never the less, and therefore, it would not be long until she would be found. This she should have known. Had she learned nothing of Hyaline? Of the legacy family?

This is just about the time that her moment of solitude is over.
Elena embraces it with a compassionate heart.

There is a bright and cheery good morning that Elena is delighted to hear is just for her. Blue eyes turn to the twins and she is flushed with gratitude for the company and friendly (well, one friendly) face they offer. She watches as one twin presses himself close to the other. A behavior Elena had seen in herself and Lilli, always there to protect each other. Elena feels suddenly so defenseless without her crimson cousin beside her.

“Good morning to you two as well,” she says, that old warm confidence easily slips back into her body as that friendly smile graces her lips like a familiar friend. “Glad to see others out and about, despite the winter chill,” she says with a laugh and a blink of those too blue of eyes. “I’m Elena, I’m new,” she says, admits. Her eyes flitter back and forth between the siblings. In the same breath she is reminded of another set of twins, one carefree and jovial, the other moody an dark. But, for the first time in a while, she thinks of family and her stomach doesn't fall to the depths of homesickness.

* e l e n a
in the dark I’ll pray for the return of the light
the sunflower daughter of benjamin and beylani
medic of dusk.

@Ard @Erd

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
RE: I don't know what you've been told [Ard|Erd] - by Elena - 01-30-2020, 11:28 PM