Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - closed doors and open windows [marisol]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

take this burden away from me
and bury it before it buries me

The most exciting moments of her life seemed to have happened before she was even born. At a young age both her mother and father had to travel from their homes and both ended up in Paraiso and falling in love and so on and so forth until Elena came into being. Living proof of their love and devotion to one another. Of course, their story had been much longer, and more complicated that merely love at first sight. Despite her adventurous nature, and her love of hearing the stories from the ancients of Windskeep, her favorite story was of her mother and her father. It was the one she begged for again and again as her nightly tale before drifting off into a seamless slumber. For it always astounded the little girl with creamy locks and a perfectly shaped heart adorning her forehead, how at such a young age her parents had traveled in opposite directions, spending a half a year each covering miles, upon miles. That the whole entire time, they never had an idea that they had merely been moving closer to one another, one step at a time, until the day they met beside the glistening lake and her dark father had been captivated by Beylani’s elegance and grace. And her stunning mother had been enraptured by her father’s tough exterior, but a passionate fire burning behind his amber eyes. It had not been as simple as an ‘I love you,’ and an ‘I love you too.’ They had faced their trials, overcoming awkward teenage years, (Elena delighted in the part of the story where Starlett and Hoshi had stumbled upon them by the beach, “only to ruin a perfectly good date.” her father always said with a crooked grin towards his daughter.) And then Frostbane, and the strife he had inflicted, Beylani’s surprise pregnancy with Elena, leaving Paraiso and their little batch of ocean land behind, and then finally, Elena’s birth. And in that moment, Benjamin swears he didn't think he could love either of his girls more. “But you seem to prove me wrong, every minute of every day.” He would say with a sly grin and a delicate touch to each of their cheek’s in turn, signaling the end of the story. The sunshine embellished filly would then curl up next to both of her parents, shutting her amber eyes, content to be wrapped in the warm, embracing, love that was their small family.

It was perfect.
Too perfect.

Elena is convinced this is why it ended. Does God grow jealous when life he created on earth grows to be more beautiful than the heaven he sits in?

She does not know better to look the mare up and down, to scan the edges of her body, determine whether or not she is safe. Maybe, Elena would do well to learn from Marisol. If all the commander sees is light shining from her eyes, it is no doubt the tears of ghosts glistening in the sun.

She interrupts the air between them with sweet, lilting tones. “Novus seems…quite peaceful,” she notes, perhaps only because of the silence around them, or maybe because the wildness of Beqanna still burns if she thinks about it for too long. “Has it always been?” She questions because she needs to know if she has found herself amongst another war.

The breath that slips through her commander’s lungs, Elena is unable to tell if its intentions are friendly or if she should be concerned. The words that follow behind like a kite’s tail though relieve any worries. “Thank you,” she says quickly. “I think that would suit me just fine,” she adds with a smile. There is a glisten in those blue eyes, and it is curiosity that propels her tongue once more. “Have you always been Dusk’s commander?” She asks then, taking a step closer to the steely woman.

so take away this apathy
bury it before it buries me

@Marisol

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
RE: closed doors and open windows [marisol] - by Elena - 05-14-2020, 12:08 PM