Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Experience Earning  - my pain will be red

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Katherine [PM] Posts: 60 — Threads: 8
Signos: 0
Inactive Character

there are so many
fragile things, after all

S
amaira looks after Alaunus as he disappears into the canopy, away to the sun, and Anandi speaks. She’s constantly reminded how grateful she is to have him as her bonded. He had been the one to heal her wing, the one to convince her to fly for the first time afterward… she breathes slowly at the thought of flying. Her heart has not been happy enough to fly for a long time.

She turns away from the window, flashing a half-smile. “He is incredible. Alaunus has helped save more lives than any of us could do on our own,” the pegasus admits, “There’s only so much medicine can do for a very serious injury.”

The doctor preps a gauze pad with clove oil, and fills a small plastic container with saline water and a small amount of mild soap. Hopefully this will clean everything to reduce the risk of infection and help with pain. When she turns back around, she offers the Emissary a more genuine smile at her response. “We’ll take care of that,” Samaira says, nodding to the medic that she can remove the ice from the wound.

Samaira begins to gently clean around the area, careful not to agitate it too hard so that it will not begin bleeding hard again. She carefully inspects it for dirt or debris, but the earlier rinse and amount of bleeding seems to have done a good job of cleaning whatever may have been in the wound.

“This will help numb the tissues, so I can stitch you up,” she says, glancing at Andi as she dries it and begins to press the clove oil soaked gauze to the skin around the wound. “If you don’t want a scar, the best I can promise you is to come back once it starts to heal and let Alaunus work on it,” the size of the wound by itself would leave a nasty scar, even with many smaller sutures.

But perhaps with Alaunus’ aid it could be healed in such a way it would be smaller. “You’re going to have to be careful not to go running around or you’ll open it back up,” the pegasus glances at the other woman with a raised brow in warning, though the corner of her lip curls slightly.

After a few minutes, Samaira begins to close up the wound with expert precision. She sutures swiftly but deftly, and carefully snips each one when she’s done. Once complete, the doctor bandages the area and prepares a lemon ginger tea mix for any pain or inflammation, and gives Anandi clear care instructions, so she can send her off hoping she’ll do what she needs to do to keep it clean while it heals.

"Speaking."

This is bad and I hate it, but closed! @Anandi <3

[Image: 13481303_KpOIcOG7drxHK9U.png?1556314753]
we'll fulfill our dreams
and we'll be free

Messages In This Thread
my pain will be red - by Anandi - 01-20-2020, 08:05 PM
RE: my pain will be red - by Samaira - 01-21-2020, 11:27 AM
RE: my pain will be red - by Anandi - 03-03-2020, 09:58 PM
RE: my pain will be red - by Samaira - 03-28-2020, 03:46 PM
RE: my pain will be red - by Anandi - 04-03-2020, 09:56 PM
RE: my pain will be red - by Samaira - 07-09-2020, 11:14 AM