Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Carnival of Souls

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Reinhart

To hold my tongue except when I try to pray...

Hey you! Feminine vocals commanded from behind him. Reinhart swiveled his ears in response to her words, but he was hesitant to turn and face her. With great reluctance, he finally turned and faced the familiar face of the Sovereign's daughter. Aspara. A spike of panic shot through the thief, he waited for her to recognize him. Reinhart studied her expression tirelessly, but he found no trace of recognition in her features. She did not recall that day so long ago as he did. She was younger then. The golden earring with an emerald he'd swiped from one of the merchants in the night market dangled in the air between them. Is this yours? He wasn't careful enough. Aspara was not suspicious of the boy with disheveled hair, and lopsided grin. Reinhart pulled the other earring from the burlap he had thrown around his shoulders to blend in with the street urchins. 

He saw the twinkle in her eye as she admired the earring. It was a pretty thing. Elegant. Even something his family might approve of. His grin did not vanish as he extended his muzzle and offered the other earring to her. Reinhart's gaze smoldered with mischief, his body was attentive. He was on high alert, but he played it off as though he were simply doting on his companion. "They were. They might fit you better. Buyer's remorse you might say. It's good to see you out and about in public Aspara. How are your mother and father? Your sisters?" The words flowed from his soot-stained lips like warm honey.

Reinhart did not want Aspara to recognize him, not until he was long gone with the other trinkets he'd swiped. He'd tucked golden chains carefully inside the folds of the makeshift burlap shawl draped across his shoulders. His magic flickered like fire towards her. It was hungry and wholly devoted to the whims and desires of the noble son. It pressed towards her, trying to encourage a sense of agreeability in the young woman. Reinhart remained oblivious to his magic as it worked. His eyes simply danced, and the atmosphere around them changed into something more awesome than before. As though stars twinkled between them. As if stars could hang in suspension so low. Caligo did not love Denocte that much. 

His oil can grin slithered across his face again, he canted his head so slightly. "You've all grown so quickly. Denocte hasn't had time to hold its breath. When is your birthday again? I am so lucky to have a chance to speak with a royal daughter! Imagine a lowly street urchin having a conversation with one of the princesses. What a lucky day." He warbled, as though this was the highlight of his day, and not the largest moment of panic he'd experienced in a while.

Notes: Aspara is lovely! I'm so excited to write with you again <3| Words: 471 | Tags: @Aspara

... try to breathe words out, But I’ve got nothing to say

Messages In This Thread
Carnival of Souls - by Aspara - 01-22-2020, 11:00 PM
RE: Carnival of Souls - by Reinhart - 01-23-2020, 06:11 PM
RE: Carnival of Souls - by Aspara - 01-24-2020, 09:59 PM
RE: Carnival of Souls - by Reinhart - 01-24-2020, 10:30 PM
RE: Carnival of Souls - by Aspara - 02-01-2020, 05:52 PM