Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - and the truth is that we could [Lucinda]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

every day it feels like I’m holding back an ocean

Elena doesn't often like to let her mind wander, for it ultimately leads her down a path to Tunnel. How she fights and struggles to keep him caged up in the shadows of her past. But, unfortunately for Elena, that was the place Tunnel like to live best. He skulks and scavenges through the memories of her short past, and it is in the quiet moments with no protection from the shadows that he comes to the fore front of her mind and Elena can call him with such clarity that her skin recoils involuntarily. The navy glisten of his coat, the deadly charming smile, the way his breath smelled like danger, and the exact traces of his affections on her skin. It is so easy to summon his memory, but just like a vampire, once invited in, it was so difficult to make him leave.

Icy blue eyes are still directed downwards. The golden mare continues to walk, entirely unaware of the approach of another, until the water starts to stir further out than what Elena could cause, and it becomes coupled with a voice, causing the girl to lift that proud, Spanish head upwards, turning to look directly behind her. “Well, it’s a good thing what I am looking for isn't much,” she says with a good hearted smile and laugh in the mare’s direction. She gathers her herbs and lets it remain beside her for now: Bunchbery and Roundleaf Sundew. Is the other mare aware of what she has discovered? Elena, who is far too new, too green to Terrastella, just believes her to be another resident of the many she has yet to meet. It is then that Elena gathers a closer look at her, those glowing green eyes, (they remind her briefly of Roland, of Brielle, but it passes quickly.) Her teeth are pointed and sharp as fangs, like that of wolves, or bears. But Elena has traveled across the lands of Beqanna, has faced quests, and monsters, and she does not fear the woman.

This is Elena’s achilles heel.
She will forever dive deep into her compassion.

Elena is little red riding hood, except instead of getting lost, she strolls willingly off the path, and into the arms of the wolf.

Or.
In this case.

Dragon.

Castille. She is reminded of, of Leoss, one of the man kingdoms of Beqanna. She is reminded of the shapeshifters, the the lion man, of Aodhan, and the bird companion of Brunhilde. Elena folds back her ears for a moment, unsure, but she quickly warms up to the idea of the strange trio that now stands a little less than knee deep in the swampy terrain. “Guess I haven't quite anticipated just how magical this land is,” she offers, glacial eyes drifting upwards towards the dragon once more. “What are you doing out here in the swamp?” She questions. “I can probably guess you weren't looking for me, and if you were, I hate to say it, but I don't think we have met before,” she says, once more with that warm smile her mother had been so famous for. “I’m Elena.”

* e l e n a
in the dark I’ll pray for the return of the light
the sunflower daughter of benjamin and beylani
medic of dusk.

@Lucinda

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
RE: and the truth is that we could [Lucinda] - by Lucinda - 02-01-2020, 11:44 PM
RE: and the truth is that we could [Lucinda] - by Elena - 02-05-2020, 11:06 PM
RE: and the truth is that we could [Lucinda] - by Lucinda - 02-19-2020, 10:46 PM
RE: and the truth is that we could [Lucinda] - by Lucinda - 03-16-2020, 12:12 AM
RE: and the truth is that we could [Lucinda] - by Lucinda - 04-12-2020, 09:52 PM