Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - and the truth is that we could [Lucinda]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

take this burden away from me
and bury it before it buries me

She remembers now.
Remembers how enamored she had been by him.
How delighted in his peculiarity.

Maybe she never loved Tunnel after all, maybe she just loved the abuse.

And she seeks it out again in the single, cold syllable of the mare’s response. Perhaps, had she been anyone else, she would have been put off by Lucinda’s response. Elena is a gentle thing, who seems of wild flowers and stares at the horizon. Elena has helped and healed many people and then sat there diligently waiting for the reward she believed she rightfully earned, their friendship, their love. In the end, maybe it was karma, that so many of them had not cared for her as deeply as she had for them, Lilli being the only exception to this. But she has learned in this life that not everyone is kind, and all you can do is give, give and give and give.

Glacier blue eyes look to the mare for a moment as they walk. “The sea is a good place,” she says, so unaware of the dangerous kelpies that lurk below their depths.

Elena had been so brave once, staring down the Snow Prince, walking with the undead, and falling in love with a monster. Yes, Elena was bold and brazen, but guilt and regret have broken her little by little, taking something away from her, chasing her.

And maybe she is brave still, walking with danger and her dragon.

so take away this apathy
bury it before it buries me

@Lucinda Sorry! Just wanted to do one final post, I promise!

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
RE: and the truth is that we could [Lucinda] - by Lucinda - 02-01-2020, 11:44 PM
RE: and the truth is that we could [Lucinda] - by Lucinda - 02-19-2020, 10:46 PM
RE: and the truth is that we could [Lucinda] - by Lucinda - 03-16-2020, 12:12 AM
RE: and the truth is that we could [Lucinda] - by Lucinda - 04-12-2020, 09:52 PM
RE: and the truth is that we could [Lucinda] - by Elena - 04-20-2020, 09:24 PM