Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - shopping and shipping

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Rae [PM] Posts: 118 — Threads: 19
Signos: 20
Inactive Character

I was terribly jealous to see how one brother doted on the other. I didn’t want such attention, and I certainly didn’t need it, but… the option to have it would have been nice. I was notoriously clumsy, always stumbling over rugs and roots or bumping my elbows on walls and tables, and I missed the way my sister would glare witheringly at whatever object tripped or scraped me. I knew exactly what it felt like to have someone always watching your back, and exactly what it felt like when that security blanket was ripped away.

So I was very distinctly aware of the way the two brothers touched feathers, and how there was a universe of comfort in that brief gesture. Longing rolled over me like a wave of water; Furfur dropped his annoyance and came to stand beside me, pressed against my leg.

Then Kibou arrived. I almost didn’t recognize him at first. We didn’t see each other often, and we were in that age where we were shooting up quick and tall as weeds. I hardly recognized myself, some days. But I had always been skeptical, borderline distrustful, of mirrors, still water, and other reflective surfaces.

Oh, hey Kibou.” My smile softened just so. I considered him a friend, although not a particularly close one. Katniss kept him locked away, and I know she was only trying to protect him but it meant I didn’t see him as much as I’d like. I glanced past him, expecting to see his mother fretfully watching over him, but she was not in sight.

When my gaze drifted back to Kibou, I realized he seemed a little different. A little glum. I frowned. “What’s up with you?” I felt a sudden urge to shuffle over and bump his shoulder playfully, but I did not act on this inclination. I felt too awkward; we weren’t that close of friends.

Before I could dwell too much on what I did or did not do and say, the twin was speaking again, introducing himself and his brother and asking about art supplies. “I’m Aspara,” I said with a quick nod of my head. “I buy ink from the old roan next to the baker. You’ll want to go straight, take a right after the red building, left when the street turns to moonstone, then…" I paused to consider. It wasn't that far, and I didn't exactly have anything else to do at that moment. "You know what, we’ll just show you where to go. It's easier that way.” At the mention of "we" I glanced to Kibou with my sweetest smile, knowing he wouldn’t have the heart to deny me.

a s p a r a

@Kibou @Ard @Erd

Messages In This Thread
shopping and shipping - by Ard - 01-26-2020, 12:49 PM
RE: shopping and shipping - by Erd - 01-26-2020, 12:50 PM
RE: shopping and shipping - by Aspara - 03-29-2020, 04:12 PM
RE: shopping and shipping - by Kibou - 03-29-2020, 06:18 PM
RE: shopping and shipping - by Erd - 04-04-2020, 12:18 PM
RE: shopping and shipping - by Ard - 04-04-2020, 12:28 PM
RE: shopping and shipping - by Aspara - 04-09-2020, 03:57 PM