Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - til we're legends

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Katherine [PM] Posts: 44 — Threads: 8
Signos: 5
Inactive Character

no guts, no glory—no legend, no story
“What were you thinking?” comes the sharp voice of Indy from behind her.

The young pegasus continues to walk, keeping the scarf hidden until they are on the other side of the market, a quieter stretch, nothing between them and the scene they left behind but a few buildings and a side alley. “Charlie!”

She stops, pulling out the scarf and wrapping it around her neck. “It looks great on me, don’t you think?” she asks, looking at the Osprey. The ends of the scarf flutter in a breeze that cuts down the road and parts around her like a river. ”You could have gotten caught, don’t you realize that? You’re old enough now to know better.”

“Am I?” the girl asks harshly, suddenly, turning away from her bonded. The buzzing reaches a crescendo inside her, like there are wasps living in her veins, inside her brain. “Maybe I don’t know better, maybe I wasn’t raised to know better,” Charlie’s words cut between them like the sword she has always wanted, sharp and hard, “Maybe I haven’t been raised at all.”

It hurts to say it. To really think about it. Maybe she’s just spent her whole life trying not to think about it. Going wherever she pleased, doing whatever she wanted to do. At some point she got old enough to realize that other kids her age didn’t just explore the world without their parents.

She just ignored it.

When Aspara rounds the corner in front of them, Charlie’s eyes get a little sharper. Her lips curl up, a little too wickedly someone her age’s ought to. The young pegasus trots forward to greet her friend, “Aspara!” and tosses her head, throwing the ends of the vermilion scarf. “What do you think of my new scarf? Indy doesn’t like it, but I think it matches my eyes.”

Indy sends a little huff across their bond, and a sharp look the filly’s way. Charlie chooses to pretend not to notice. She’s not in the mood for another lecture, and the Osprey may be like a sister to her but that doesn’t make her bonded the girl’s superior.

“You can’t stay mad at me, Indy. We’re all each other’s known,” Charlie says through their bond, glancing toward her bonded and raising a brow. She can see the moment that the Osprey relents, coming to perch upon her bondmate’s shoulders. “I’m keeping the scarf, though.”

Aspara comes to stand beside the pegasus, their skin like shadows and light mingling as she bumps their shoulders together. Charlie debates telling her the truth, she knows she can, but she didn’t come to Denocte to talk about her problems. She came to escape them. “Anywhere,” she says instead and begins to walk. “Do you know anyplace interesting?”

"Speaking"
| @Aspara mmm we could turn this into a landmark exp thread, maybe?
or they could just get into some trouble haha feel free to take the lead <3

[Image: 13222742_95oVYzdeR5MVhK5.png]
you and i, we're pioneers
we make our own rules

Messages In This Thread
til we're legends - by Charlotte - 02-01-2020, 04:36 PM
RE: til we're legends - by Aspara - 02-02-2020, 08:17 PM
RE: til we're legends - by Charlotte - 02-08-2020, 05:28 PM
RE: til we're legends - by Aspara - 02-21-2020, 07:11 PM
RE: til we're legends - by Charlotte - 03-27-2020, 07:38 PM
RE: til we're legends - by Aspara - 04-08-2020, 06:59 PM
RE: til we're legends - by Charlotte - 07-07-2020, 07:25 PM