Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - the devil

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Lullivy [PM] Posts: 225 — Threads: 37
Signos: 1,285
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/her/hers]  |  15 [Year 496 Spring]  |  15.3 hh  |  Hth: 3 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 51  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: Picoro (Sloth)

Luvena

She was nearly surprised by his response. Part of her had thought that she had to be wrong. It was too much of a coincidence to find another ex-monarch here. So far from Elysium, from a time so long ago. It had only been a few years, but it felt like decades, and It felt like yesterday.  What did surprise her was that he knew who she was too. She thought he had disappeared before her time on the throne.  Typical of a Heretic, to lurk in the shadows, unseen and unheard. It would be a lie to say she didn't feel any resentment towards their herd. She was soft by nature, but that didn't mean there was no fire within her heart.  

She dipped her head in response. "you're correct. I was Queen of Crucis once upon a time. I prefer Luvena though" She didn't raise her voice any more than she usually did. It was her usual philosophy. She didn't demand anyone's attention, but she made no effort if they didn't want to listen. From what she knew of the man, he hadn't been outright violent. and from what she gathered now, it seemed his game was manipulation. Good. At least he wasn't about to come and burn down her home. He was probably the Heretic who had least affected her life. 

She raised her head as he approached her, going through the usual routine. squaring her feet, pulling her neck up, forced into a tight uncomfortable arch. Just for him, she pulled her head so it pointed slightly upwards.  looking him in the eye, while he was still in front of her. But, she didn't keep her gaze trained on him as he moved around her. She knew he would notice the tremble in her legs and the fact that her eyes held no light, but she wasn't going to let him think that it made her weak. She supposed it did in some ways. If he chose to try and knock her over he would succeed. But in spirit, she was not a pushover, and she was not going to be made into one.  

Once she was sure he had gotten a good look at her she turned to face him. Meeting his crimson eyes with her dull turquoise gaze.  "Out of all the monarchs in Elysium," she started, letting the words roll cooly off her tongue. Not to be rude, or cruel, but if he wanted to play a game, she would play. "It was not you I expected.  Sloane maybe, or Syrilth. Even Malphas. But not you. I'll admit though. I don't know much about you. I had no dealings with Heretic until Sloane came along and decided it would be fun to take her dragon and treat the trees as tinder for her reign"  She paused for a moment, readjusting her stance. As much as she would love to stand square without moving for this, she was stiff and sore, and she no longer had Vega's blessing to keep her steady.  "I bet you're surprised I've lasted this long. It was no secret to those in Elysium that being a Queen didn't treat me very well. To be honest I'm surprised you're alive too. I assumed that those in Heretic would always die young, by getting themselves into some sort of trouble they couldn't get themselves out of" 

@Abrin

Table © Camy

Messages In This Thread
the devil - by Abrin - 02-11-2020, 02:19 AM
RE: the devil - by Luvena - 02-11-2020, 02:24 PM
RE: the devil - by Abrin - 02-11-2020, 07:06 PM
RE: the devil - by Luvena - 02-11-2020, 07:48 PM
RE: the devil - by Abrin - 02-11-2020, 09:11 PM
RE: the devil - by Luvena - 02-11-2020, 09:37 PM
RE: the devil - by Abrin - 02-11-2020, 10:49 PM
RE: the devil - by Luvena - 02-11-2020, 11:15 PM
RE: the devil - by Abrin - 02-12-2020, 12:20 AM