Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - remnant of a dream

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Silverfang [PM] Posts: 11 — Threads: 3
Signos: 260
Night Court Citizen
Female [she/her/hers]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 13 — Atk: 7 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

THE BLACK DOE
the infinite intimacy of her rage

She can feel the fire's resonance between them; like standing very near a glowing hearth, that which grows each second second is made to overlook it. The woman hadn't meant to ignore the query in truth, but her mind had drifted as it so often did and there was not much helping it now. When Morrighan reaffirms her social stance, black eyes look over her slowly and carefully, almost curiously. There's something inquisitive that sits on the very tip of her tongue, but she bites it back for now. The span of her attention is lost again, momentarily, by the way the flame had now only continued to grow. The orange of its light glows warm and hot against her chest, front legs, and the lower reaches of her neck, and it's on the way to becoming uncomfortable.

And then the fiery woman is now repeating her question, and the wolf at her side accentuates her point transparently. She does not seem to mind the display of tension, although her own has become a tad more erect. Her heart is beats but not from fear, rather from the degree of intensity this encounter was proving to have.

When she has finished all she has to say, and she is certain of this, the nameless woman finally seems to perk up just a bit. Her motions are still subtle and restrained, even distant, but she now stares directly at her now, again.

"You say your purpose is to ensure things are running smoothly, but were they not, Warden?" There is no hostility in her voice, but rather a soft sense of inquiry, if not one of preservation and acuity. The same question that had rested just behind her lips just moments before, now come to fruition. "I do not understand why my non-complacency has caused you to suspect malintent. I assure you my intentions are far from and your suspicions are misplaced. I have come simply to enjoy the lights this night to distract a restless mind, nothing more."

Her words are genuine, if not the same amount of disconnected curiosity that she has shown before. She does, however, finally answer her questions. "I regret to admit that I have no name to offer you, and that is a sworn truth. Nor would I know how to answer your former question. You may lower your hackles now, lest you remain so keen on inquiring me further." She does not seem so against the idea, but she does take a step back (even if there is only cobblestone wall behind her) as though to silently dismiss herself.

Despite herself, Morrighan's energy was powerful; and it is all too easy to shrink against so much of that kind of intensity.

Speech.
@Morrighan

ooc
lmao all good honestly! it all makes for some interesting lil drama between them <3 i appreciate her and her fiery-ness so much

Messages In This Thread
remnant of a dream - by Nameless - 02-15-2020, 10:27 PM
RE: remnant of a dream - by Morrighan - 02-18-2020, 11:05 PM
RE: remnant of a dream - by Nameless - 02-19-2020, 02:54 PM
RE: remnant of a dream - by Morrighan - 02-25-2020, 07:46 PM
RE: remnant of a dream - by Nameless - 02-26-2020, 09:18 PM
RE: remnant of a dream - by Morrighan - 03-09-2020, 11:30 PM
RE: remnant of a dream - by Nameless - 04-22-2020, 10:34 PM
RE: remnant of a dream - by Morrighan - 05-02-2020, 12:39 AM