Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - leviathan's wake

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Muirgen [PM] Posts: 24 — Threads: 4
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Merchant
Female [she/her]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  13.3 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: Halokinesis  |    Bonded: N/A

In leviathan's wake what boat prevails?

I don’t know what I want. I don’t know what I ought to want anymore. At least in the past I thought I should want for duty and Orestes’ love. Now, having neither, I am lost. What would it mean to have wealth? That pursuit is foreign to me, though I know for certain that I am impoverished. Hunger prickles at my stomach every hour of every day. Should I seek fortune, then? Perfect my skills as a - a - craftsmen? I have only ever know war and the preparation for it. I sought love, once, or thought I had it, but what would it mean to simply come upon it, as others claim to? It is not real. I’m sure it’s as flimsy as loyalty in the face of hunger. The only thing that anyone believes in is gold.

Saphira stands in the midst of the Dusk Court’s market, her meager wares arranged before her: seashells, seagrass, amateurish jewelry and braided reeds. None of it is worth buying, but she does her best to convince outsiders of its Terrastellan authenticity and to tempt spoiled children’s parents. The more they whine, the more she sells. 

Having been lost in thought, she returns to the present moment and calls out to a pretty little filly in a pretty little cloak, all wool and satin. ”Hi, sweetie. Looking for a necklace for your dolly? Maybe she’s a mermaid, or” - she leans in close - ”a kelpie queen?” Saphira’s smile is wide and maternal as she can muster (which might, actually, look threatening.) The little girl frowns and looks Saphira straight in the eye. “My dollies only wear the best.” She turns on her heels and marches off with her mother.

“Well, fuck you, too, you little brat,” Saphira mutters, poking at a particularly crude necklace to obscure it beneath the tattered fabric on which it is displayed. She thinks back on when she could turn into the sea and go diving for pearls, and sighs. 

@Caspian || John Marr and Other Sailors
”who will grieve for this woman?“
does she not seem too insignificant for our concern?

Messages In This Thread
leviathan's wake - by Saphira - 03-13-2020, 10:49 AM
RE: leviathan's wake - by Caspian - 03-17-2020, 02:26 PM
RE: leviathan's wake - by Saphira - 03-23-2020, 08:38 AM
RE: leviathan's wake - by Caspian - 03-26-2020, 07:35 PM
RE: leviathan's wake - by Saphira - 04-15-2020, 03:33 PM
RE: leviathan's wake - by Caspian - 05-14-2020, 12:22 PM
RE: leviathan's wake - by Saphira - 06-11-2020, 01:16 AM