Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - boats against the current

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Lyr

The scuffle with the band of rogues was short. They had robbed from a supply caravan headed toward the capitol. The word of the incident had reached Lyr and the squad he was attached to quickly; the orders were given and the band moved out in a swift, orderly fashion to confront the thieves.

Of course, after that, Lyr doesn’t remember much. The fighting had been brief but vicious, leaving two rogues dead and two imprisoned. One had escaped and a fire-team had been sent out to apprehend them. And Lyr, well—today, he had been unlucky. During the conflict he had been hit quite solidly in the head with the back of an axe. His brow was cut and bleeding profusely, and although he felt as if he were speaking quite normally, his companions continued to look at him slack-jawed and concerned. 

A medic attached to his unit had looked over his wounds; but upon closer inspection, had demanded Lyr be sent to the Hospital. He was lead there by two other stallions, men from his unit he did not explicitly recognise, and during all of this at some point his mind went black.

— — — 

“Lyr—Lyr, I don’t feel good… I’m so cold…” 

He was at her beside, offering what little comfort he could. Still, his journey to Terrastella’s Hospital was fresh in his mind; it had been magical, veiled in mystery, uncertainty. The swamp had been treacherous; threatening to consume him. Lyr could hardly see the sun through the canopy of thick, thick cypress; and even those seems imbued with something unreal, something other—

“Lyr—the blanket?”

She begins to fall into a fit of coughing; Lyr cringes, but there is nothing he can do besides hand her a hanker-chief.

When she asks if he found a cure, he smiles sadly and says, “Yes… yes… the doctors in Terrastella are working on it now.”

— — — 

Lyr wakes up disoriented; his head feels, inexplicably, as if it is splitting open from the inside out. He blinks, and coughs, and tries to speak. The cough, however, has split his head open a second time. Lyr groans."H-hello?"

@anyone! || "Speech." || Hello! I would love for anyone to join this <3 It could be a doctor/medic, or it could be a fellow soldier that had been on the patrol and accompanies him! Or something completely different!
Coding by Avis. 
i know i am damned for the pyre
no matter how bright you glow when you call for me
CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
boats against the current - by Lyr - 03-28-2020, 02:09 AM
RE: boats against the current - by Elena - 05-09-2020, 05:30 PM