Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - god or mortal, no one knows;

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Muirgen [PM] Posts: 24 — Threads: 4
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Merchant
Female [she/her]  |  11 [Year 500 Spring]  |  13.3 hh  |  Hth: 7 — Atk: 13 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: Halokinesis  |    Bonded: N/A

Just let me find my way back, let me move like a tide come in.

This wasn’t her beach, but it had begun to feel like it. Others walked freely upon it, sucked at its oysters and lounged upon its shores, even when the winds were a conqueror’s whip in the hands of gods. Saphira knew no god of wind. There was only water, and the salt that crusted along the rocks. The barnacles that crusted along the ships that went out each day with her heart. Her heart. 

She was not interested in this stranger, and was only faintly impressed by his luminosity. Unusual, for anything but a phosphorescent fungus or the moon. He looked the latter, but something said he was a fungus, too.

”Good evening.”

Oh. Talking. It could be said that Saphira began each day hoping not to be acknowledged. She had almost ended her day like this. ”Might be,” she offered, gruffly. ”S’not over yet.” 

She stood a very fair (very generous) distance from the man and his luminous, fungal presence. She knew that it would be polite to say more things. She also knew that the things she’d already said could have been more polite. She did not want to act upon these thoughts, but if he was the friendly sort he would keep talking until he pulled some feeble thread from her anyway. ”You go any closer to the water and some gull is going to think there’s two moons out tonight.” Perhaps it was a joke. It sounded nigh funereal in its special lack of whimsy.

@Elchanan || The moon rose over the bay. I had a lot of feelings.

"Speaking."
🐚

Messages In This Thread
god or mortal, no one knows; - by Elchanan - 03-28-2020, 03:59 PM
RE: god or mortal, no one knows; - by Saphira - 06-11-2020, 01:40 AM
RE: god or mortal, no one knows; - by Elchanan - 06-24-2020, 05:09 PM