Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I dream in blue [tenebrae]

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

take this burden away from me
and bury it before it buries me

Her body doesn't hum as his does, it sings. Despite their stillness, there is still pieces within her that rise and fall with pitches and patterns. Elena feels her pulse race slightly, a sudden and wonderful feeling. The crescendo always is a magnificent thing.

Darkness surrounds them and it is not from the night, nor the shadows, but from the dark man with the eyes like moonlight.

Elena smiles back at him, this beautiful thing that lights up everything around her, rivaled only by the sun that hides beneath the shadows of night until morning. He speaks her name and she can taste the remnants of it in the air as it falls from his lips. It sounds different from his than from the others, but the same had held true when Tunnel had spoken it to her the first time. She loves the way it sounds when others say it, no matter the danger it causes herself the moment that final syllable hits the air.

“If there is one lesson I have learned in my life,” she says, peering up at Denocte man. “I think though, it might be nice, every now and then,” she says, picturing those lazy summer days with Lilli, those wild winter night with Lovelace and Jay within her cavern.

She is too busy, too enchanted by the stars to notice the way his eyes trace those delicate facial features. Maybe if she had she would not have been so open to inviting him into her home. Elena has always been distracted by pretty things, it is how she missed that there was a devil behind his blue eyes, and a demon inside another’s heart. It is only when she feels his lips part that her silver blue eyes return to his own, halting his words with her own.

He dances between tame and wild and Elena isn't sure as she looks into the lion’s den if he is waiting to attack or slumbers peacefully. There is something addicting about walking the tightrope over the lion’s den. Elena has always flirted with danger (there is something beautiful in racing hearts and ragged breath she has found) and she thinks each time that she will escape before she gets hurt. The marks upon her heart say otherwise. It is the moment that his smile holds shadows of wickedness, of something more sinister that Elena shudders, even if she isn't sure why.

‘A chilled breeze,’ she tells herself while the night remains as still as silence.  

The words he says, they echo with familiarity even if they do not rise and fall the same way. She knows to leave, to not invite him in, but Elena is a slave to her affection, to wayward glances, and words hinged with risk. She would banish the darkness then, she decides just as Hephaestus was exiled from Mount Oympus. But Elena is no god, she is no Hera, and the darkness will not comply so easily. “I will still find you.” It is a challenge.

She should have known this by the way the shadows curl around her, but as she watches him disappear she is so blinded by her own flames she cannot see the darkness that tries to dim her light.

so take away this apathy
bury it before it buries me

@Tenebrae

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
I dream in blue [tenebrae] - by Elena - 04-08-2020, 09:52 AM
RE: I dream in blue [tenebrae] - by Tenebrae - 04-09-2020, 08:57 AM
RE: I dream in blue [tenebrae] - by Elena - 04-09-2020, 10:44 PM
RE: I dream in blue [tenebrae] - by Tenebrae - 04-10-2020, 01:58 PM