Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - invite the wild in

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Boudika

IT'S A TERRIFYING THOUGHT, A RED RIDING HOOD
WHO KNEW EXACTLY WHAT SHE WAS DOING WHEN
SHE INVITED THE WILD IN

Something calling to you?

The voice breaks Boudika from her reprieve. She turns to come face-to-face with the current Denocte Sovereign and to do so unsettles her deeply. Isra. Time for Boudika had transpired strangely after the magic island; after being Made. It had slowed, focused, intensified on some aspects of her life, and had forgotten others. The Eventide arch should have more firmly reminded her of her obligations; and if it hadn’t, than Antiope certainly did.

The mare seems more magic than mortal as she walks through the dizzying kaleidoscope of reflected colours. Yet Antiope emerges on the other side as a woman with piercing, otherworldly eyes. Those, Boudika thinks, belong more surely to the masterpiece than to flesh and blood.

Again, time has treated Boudika unfairly. She had waited too long to reply; instead she has turned her crimson eyes on her Sovereign assessing, contemplating. At last she answers. “Yes. That is one way to put it.” 

There is a madness to the sea. An irrefutable compulsion that insists, and insists, and insists. Even if Boudika had tried to forget Orestes, the sea would not have let her. 

“There is something from another life who is in Novus—and I have known it for quite some time. But I have been afraid of confronting them.” 

Confronting

The word seems harsh, overtly so.

“Not confronting, but… someone I need to apologise to. I’m not even sure if he remembers me.” This admission is harder and, perhaps, unwarranted. It is also a lie.

Boudika knows, for certain, he will remember her. The two of them are irrevocably bound.

The kelpie shakes herself, again, from her thoughts. She turns her attention more fully to Antiope.“And to you, as well, I owe an apology. I have been quite a… failed Champion of Community.” Perhaps Boudika had been a fool, in the first place, for renouncing the traits that came easily to her: violence, war, intensity.

Outside of those things, she was cripplingly shy, despite her best intentions. Despite all her time in Novus, it still seemed as if her friends were few and far between and... as much as she devoted herself to Denocte, she was not it's inherent Champion. 

@Antiope || "Speech"

baaltas@deviantart

Messages In This Thread
invite the wild in - by Boudika - 04-14-2020, 02:09 PM
RE: invite the wild in - by Antiope - 04-19-2020, 07:35 PM
RE: invite the wild in - by Boudika - 06-28-2020, 12:51 AM
RE: invite the wild in - by Antiope - 11-04-2020, 06:18 PM
RE: invite the wild in - by Boudika - 11-30-2020, 06:14 PM