Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - invite the wild in

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Boudika

IT'S A TERRIFYING THOUGHT, A RED RIDING HOOD
WHO KNEW EXACTLY WHAT SHE WAS DOING WHEN
SHE INVITED THE WILD IN

It occurs to Boudika that they might be friends, of only Boudika were to remain consistent enough to allow it. That they are not so dissimilar. When I came to Novus, I left many behind. I did not speak to them, even see them before I left, so I am not sure what I would say to them if they ever ended up here. Boudika finds strange comfort in this fact; that she is not the only one with an entire life extending beyond this country, this time, this place. The water horse only nods, quietly, with understanding. There is nothing else to say.

You owe me no apology. They regard one another eye-to-eye. In another time, another place, Antiope would be a Sovereign Boudika would be proud to serve. Have you thought that it is your community that has also failed you? 

Boudika smiles a quiet, nearly shy type of smile. It occurs to her that she has not belonged to anything in quite some time; perhaps that is why the sea could so easily serenade her. She had never felt so alone, as she had in the streets of Denocte.

“I would like to become a citizen, Antiope.” Boudika’s eyes follow the Sovereign’s to the arch, full of light and magic. There is a moment her heart swells fiercely with adoration for it, but she—she has never belonged, not truly. Denocte is the court of misbelonging; but there is a difference. “Let us walk back to Denocte and discuss it more. I admire your compassion, Antiope.” 

And so the two striped mares depart the arch, side-by-side, and journey back into the city. By the time they reach the first fire lit building, they have reached a decision: Boudika will become a citizen, and allow a more able member of the Court to take her position as Champion of Community. 

@Antiope || "Speech"

baaltas@deviantart

Messages In This Thread
invite the wild in - by Boudika - 04-14-2020, 02:09 PM
RE: invite the wild in - by Antiope - 04-19-2020, 07:35 PM
RE: invite the wild in - by Boudika - 06-28-2020, 12:51 AM
RE: invite the wild in - by Antiope - 11-04-2020, 06:18 PM
RE: invite the wild in - by Boudika - 11-30-2020, 06:14 PM