Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - She walks a lonely road

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mephisto

Mephisto
dusk court spy

A
lone with Marisol in the hall, it would be easy for Mephisto to feel guilt. Indeed, she did – and yet there is a quiet hopefulness that stirs within her when she realizes that the queen did not flay her where she stood. Surely, she would not appreciate deserters – but then, Mephisto wasn’t a deserter… not really. Instead she had simply been lost. She’d told herself it was to protect the others from the strange magic which befell her, but in reality, she’d been afraid for herself. As always, the dark Pegasus was afraid to show her vulnerabilities to the world. Would Marisol think her weak, if she realized how naked the magic left her, exposed to all the world to punish her?

The warrior queen greets her with grace – far more grace than she deserves – and Mephsito bows her head in deference, murmuring back the words ”Her mercy meet us.” When she raises her head once more, there is a quiet set determination in the eyes which had previously shown her weakness. Now, they are hopeful as they seek Marisol’s and hold.

“It is fitting that you should take his place – for no one loves or serves Terrestella better. It will be an honor to serve you and yours.” Never one to beat around the bush, Mephisto stops herself from pacing (though her body desperately seeks the comfort of motion, bluntly explaining her absence to the queen. “I’m sure you’re wondering where I went, and why I left without a word… as you should be. It was wrong, but I didn’t know where to turn or how to explain what was happening.” She sighs then, the first signs of vulnerability washing away her usual pride.

“Even now, I cannot explain what has come to pass – not fully. It appears that a magic has risen within me.

At first, I didn’t know what it was, only that the world would fade to black and I would wake up shaken and weak with no recollection of how I’d gotten there. Now, I have come to discover the magic could be a boon to Terrestella, if I should learn to harness it better. I am only now beginning to understand it more clearly.

It appears that I can see through the eyes of animals – right now, at random times and durations, and it leaves me in a weakened state. This gift could be useful – for now, I find that I can have eyes everywhere… but I have needed to learn the signs so I can take shelter. It can leave me in most compromising positions, as I seem to leave my earthly form during episodes.”
It was a strange thing, indeed… harder still to explain. But in time, Mephisto had come to appreciate what she first saw as a curse. She could only hope Marisol would do the same.

@Mephisto | "speaks" | @Marisol
rallidae

Messages In This Thread
She walks a lonely road - by Mephisto - 04-15-2020, 01:13 AM
RE: She walks a lonely road - by Marisol - 05-26-2020, 01:53 PM
RE: She walks a lonely road - by Mephisto - 05-28-2020, 01:56 PM
RE: She walks a lonely road - by Marisol - 09-05-2020, 04:08 PM
RE: She walks a lonely road - by Mephisto - 10-04-2020, 01:31 AM
RE: She walks a lonely road - by Marisol - 12-06-2020, 02:40 PM
RE: She walks a lonely road - by Mephisto - 12-06-2020, 03:01 PM