Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - She walks a lonely road

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Mephisto

Mephisto
dusk court spy

H
er discussion with the queen was surprisingly easier than she’d thought, for though guilt weighed on Mephisto, there is something comforting in the shrewd gaze of Marisol.  Perhaps one creature of candor recognized another, she decided.  While it had taken her time to find the words and the courage to explain herself, now they came freely and she stood with a level gaze before the queen, not hiding her weaknesses but stating them as matter-of-factly as she could.  The queen’s next words surprise her, for Mephisto found them laced with more empathy than she’d expected.

"I must use this newfound magic for Terrestella, for why else would the gods have seen fit for me to yield it?  With every passing day, my control grows stronger.  Soon, I think I will have it harnessed to the point where it can be directed… where I can choose the place and timing to our advantage.  I am beginning to note a warning sign, not long – but perhaps long enough to find a shelter… or perhaps it is a gift best used when others are near, so my earthly form is not left so unguarded and vulnerable.

Nevermind that now though – Now, I have come to find my place once more, wherever it is you see most fit to have me.”
 It had never occurred to the warg that Marisol would leave it up to her, for Mephisto had always envisoned that she would simply be directed to a task which needed doing, loosed upon the world for the purposes of Terrestella.  So she thinks for a moment, weighing the tasks in a manner as one might choose a vocation, before finally sighing with a shrug and a smile.  She takes the tea offered by the queen, stirring it only once before beginning to sip at it, soothed by the warmth it gave.

"I wish to defend Terrestella against her threats, as I always have.  I pledge once more to be your eyes, and to watch over our people to the best of my ability, if you would have me still?”  Of course, she knew the terms were up for discussion – but Mephisto was determined all over again to find her place.  She would start by scrubbing pots in the Halcycon kitchen if needed, and work her way up as all good soldiers do.  She owed as much to the queen and her people, for Mephisto needed Terrestella as much as they needed her… she needed the place of belonging, the sense of home, and the sense of pride that came with service.

@Mephisto | "speaks" | @Marisol
rallidae

Messages In This Thread
She walks a lonely road - by Mephisto - 04-15-2020, 01:13 AM
RE: She walks a lonely road - by Marisol - 05-26-2020, 01:53 PM
RE: She walks a lonely road - by Mephisto - 05-28-2020, 01:56 PM
RE: She walks a lonely road - by Marisol - 09-05-2020, 04:08 PM
RE: She walks a lonely road - by Mephisto - 10-04-2020, 01:31 AM
RE: She walks a lonely road - by Marisol - 12-06-2020, 02:40 PM
RE: She walks a lonely road - by Mephisto - 12-06-2020, 03:01 PM