Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - no one can hurt you [Azrael]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sam [PM] Posts: 306 — Threads: 50
Signos: 900
Inactive Character

take this burden away from me
and bury it before it buries me

There is a broken kind of quiet in her heart that never used to be there - a bruise that never healed. You can see it in the dark that hides in eyes beneath the layers of sky blue and hope. In the absence of a smile that used to curl the corners of such a beautiful mouth. She still smiles, still laughs, but for those who knew her before, there is something different, something off about it.It is the weight of learning that love is not kind, and that it is not beautiful, that a heart can only be relied upon to break. It is the absence of faith, and the result of years spent festering in a pain she does not know how to step away from.

A pain she does not remember how to live without.
Who is she if she is not broken?

Elena’s heart has broken again and again, and she keeps giving it to another, watching with baited breath for them to crumble it within their hands.

Elena is so largely underwhelming, as compared to the magical beings that walk these lands and other.

Elena has no magic, has defended no kingdoms, and has saved no worlds. She matters only to a few and she knows one day that number will dwindle just as it always does.

She has no desire to break the world. (No matter how cruel it has been to her, Elena would die before she let it crumble.) She tries to bring as much light as she can, but Elena battles darkness every day as she holds her small candle trying to ignite a universe.

Elena’s lips purse tightly in consideration. “I wish it were that simple for me,” the golden girl says. Just to close her eyes and be where she wishes, to leave everything else behind. She wishes, she knows. Wishes for impossible things, but wishes all the same. “Sometimes, I almost reach it as I sleep, but I never quite make it,” she says solemnly. Like that memory Lilliana had conjured for the two of them to meet in the middle. It had been Paraiso, or as close as either of them could be to reaching it, but there was something about the place that told them it was not real, it was an illusion, a mix between the girls’ memories of the place rather than how it truly stood. There was an emptiness to it that neither Elena nor Lilli could possibly fill.

She is like an injured bird in careful hands pressed close to his side. It is in this place, in a moment that seems scooped out of time, cut away from the rest of the world that she finally feels a sense of quiet diving through the marrow of her trembling bones. “Maybe it is because of wha they have seen they choose to be so far away,” she says. The world was a place of both bliss and horrors. There is beauty in admiring the tragedy from a far rather than living it.

“Dragon fire?” She questions him. Castille. Loess. The Dragon King. “I’m so sorry,” she says earnestly, sympathy is drawn across her face. “Were you there?” She asks hesitantly. “When the fire came?” She finishes her question. The words he finishes with are beautiful, even if they spring from tragedy. Tulips in the snow.

“I wish I could understand them as you do,” she says and though the statement sounds envious, there is nothing by adoration for him in its depths. “I will go back to Terrastella, to the sea,” she says with a smile, oh her seaside home. “But I think I want to stay with you tonight,” she says, cannot make her way back through the fires, the dancing, the music. “You can leave before I wake up,” she assures him. “But please, don't go before I’ve fallen asleep.” She looks up at him once more with blue eyes before they will drift into the clutches of sleep they so longed for.

so take away this apathy
bury it before it buries me

@Azrael

[Image: ddvotwe-59302ba6-6a81-47bf-9846-30c5a5db...0iFb4PvyXE]

let's light this house on fire
we'll dance in the warmth of its blaze
pixel made by the amazing star

Messages In This Thread
no one can hurt you [Azrael] - by Elena - 04-15-2020, 04:39 PM
RE: no one can hurt you [Azrael] - by Azrael - 04-16-2020, 05:59 AM
RE: no one can hurt you [Azrael] - by Elena - 04-17-2020, 11:08 AM
RE: no one can hurt you [Azrael] - by Azrael - 04-17-2020, 03:23 PM