Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Somewhere, across the universe...

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pan

Pan

It was good that Oliver had found him and not someone else.  He sighed a bit of relief, knowing that in the past, his journeys into Solterra had not always been met by welcoming faces.  Offering the charismatic colt a grin, he turned to show off his friend, eyes wide with delight.  His name is Oliver too!  Isn’t that funny?  The otter seems to chirp in surprise, scurring up Pan’s neck to rest between his ears, burrowing a bit under his pale mane as he watches the stranger with curiosity.  He’s called an otter, and he’s been my friend for as long as I can remember!  There was a water-god called Selke in my old home, and he brought Oliver to me.  Strange, that had been a lifetime ago, when the boy had begun his adventures as a brave knight for Eirhelm.

I’m Pan, by the way… and I live in Delumine too, in a cave by the river!  There was a longer story involved, for sure… but the cave still seemed as home-like as anything else.  Pan had been in the Dawn Court for as long as most of them, even identifying as an official member of the herd for a while, until his wanderings had pulled him to every corner of Novus.  

He still worshipped Oriens, sure – but he liked to pay homage to all the gods, just as he liked to travel across all the lands, without feeling guilty for betraying his homeland.  Perhaps this is why the life of a vagabond is one most suited for Pan, for his wandering heart was too wild to be kept in place.  It was good that he had the freedom to roam.

I didn’t know about a festival… I just came here to gather plants.  There are lots of good ones here which can be used for healing – see?  As if illustrating his point, the boy drew out a crudely bound book, flipping it open to show off his sketches.  While they weren’t particularly good (for Pan was far from an able artist), it was clear that he’d taken a lot of time and initiative in transcribing his findings for the healers.  In his satchel, a second book lay hidden among the baubles and bits which he’d collected over time, this one stolen from Delumine’s library (permanently borrowed, more like).  It was more of an encylopedic tome on plants, one which he stayed up many nights to read by candlelight, vowing to learn as much as he could about the herbs and plants which grew in Novus.

But a festival sounded a lot more fun, he decided, gathering up his papers once more and thrusting them into the bag.  Can I come with you?  I love festivals – and, I definitely want to hear you sing, being a prodigy and all…  Eagerness shines brightly in his eyes, begging the boy’s friendship even as he falls into an easy pace beside him, ready to go where Oliver may lead, showing complete faith in the bard and his direction.

the vagabond adventurer
character by firefly
html by castlegraphics;
image by franknsteins

@Oliver <3 (we can change this to an autumn fest thread if you want, for the exp?)

Messages In This Thread
Somewhere, across the universe... - by Pan - 04-16-2020, 02:45 PM
RE: Somewhere, across the universe... - by Oliver - 06-02-2020, 12:21 PM
RE: Somewhere, across the universe... - by Pan - 06-06-2020, 04:22 AM