Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - two stones from the same blue sea

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Silverfang [PM] Posts: 11 — Threads: 3
Signos: 260
Night Court Citizen
Female [she/her/hers]  |  11 [Year 499 Winter]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 13 — Atk: 7 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

THE BLACK DOE
the infinite intimacy of her rage

Now what driving force had led her into the sun today?

Perhaps she was sick of lingering, hidden in the shadows. For once, maybe she wanted to glow with the sun and feel the warmth of golden ichor, the lifeblood of all things, upon her back. She'd feed from the moon's glow and the stars that shown at night, but in the end, the sun was the one to give that glow to the moon and all stars were suns in their own right, too. Yes, it made sense to give the counterpart to darkness some attention now and then. She doesn't dislike it, merely isn't accustomed to feeling so open. So exposed. So out of her element.

And so obsidian hooves had carried her once more to the prairies of Denocte. It's a completely different world: she could see everything, of course, but the shadows no longer had their own existence and it was impossible for anything to hide here. Nothing to train her senses on. Nothing to fear. No uncertainty about her surroundings, nor about what soared in the sky or walked along that flat horizon. A dramatic flip to the world she'd met Thaeron in, where he had nearly scared her out of her wits with his stumbling and smell of dry blood. It had been nothing to fear, after all, but there had still been that sense of anticipation before he'd stepped into her line of sight. There was none of that now.

How... Boring.

The thought causes her to blink, curious, and in the next moment - a figure appears cresting and straying from the horizon line to her left. She casts her eyes seamlessly toward this other, out-of-element soul as she, until she can tell that her path is leading this stranger directly to where she is. No doubt that they'd seen each other by now, aware of their existence. As the young unicorn comes into view, she can see now she mirrors the blue of the sky and her hair (which large curls brush her crest, her brows, in a softness that she is somewhat envious of) carry the smells of the ocean.

She'd never seen her before, but she hadn't been here long and the faces that she didn't know largely outweighed those that she did. Perhaps the more she knew, the more she found, would help her feel belonging to the place in which she'd set her roots. Even if that feeling is long-yearned for and hardly ever fulfilled.

Lost in her thoughts in a distant gaze, she is brought back to reality as her young company's voice rings out to her much closer now and she stops just short of a length away. When she brings her attention to her in expectation of what she may say, her eyes are inquisitive and her posture composed, as it always is. And that question that comes - fire? Did she come from fire. It's a curious concept and not something she's ever been asked before. Elements - she isn't unaware of them; fire, water, air, earth, the fundamental aspects of all things - she isn't sure she belongs to any of those, if anything at all, but it's certainly a thought that's amusing to entertain.

"Fire... Ha, I'm flattered by that thought... But, no, I don't believe I come from anything. I'm quite plain, as you can see." Her voice keeps a distant softness about it, truly in a comfortable appreciation for the fact this interaction was starting with such a different taste to it. Different compared to the more mundane, 'usual' greetings, anyway. She's matter-of-fact in the way she presents her words, especially about herself, unbothered and reasonable. "Then I suppose you come from something, yourself? You remind me of the sky. Or... Water, precious minerals hidden beneath the pebbles, shore, and sand." Her eyes scan the stranger's opaline horn, the scars that line her skin. They look different, in a way that doesn't make it seem like they particularly hurt, but that she was carrying some precious treasure just below the lining of her thin skin. It makes her think...

"Your voice is not typical of anything I've ever heard before. Not here. Where do you come from? Have you been here very long?" She tries not to let her questions flow without ease, nor with a probing, demanding tone. Instead she tries to make her questions congenial, if anything, and without any stress for the other to answer if she doesn't truly want to. But she had come in with a question for her - it was only fair she gave a few of her own.

Speech.
@Aehra

ooc

Messages In This Thread
two stones from the same blue sea - by Aehra - 04-29-2020, 01:56 PM
RE: two stones from the same blue sea - by Nameless - 04-29-2020, 10:00 PM
RE: two stones from the same blue sea - by Aehra - 05-25-2020, 03:28 PM